Include;
1. Changes to the buff damage trinket effect
2. Changes to the bonus to crit damage trinket effect
3. Change to the stat bonuses on trinkets
4. Changes to the increase damage trinket effect
5. Changes to the bonus for stamina on trinkets
6. Changes to the stamina damage bonus trinket effect
7. Changes to the Vampire bite ability

Exact numbers and other changes will be added here soon.
Please, if you want to discuss or suggest any changes|improvements use appropriate topics.
We appreciate and review all feedback and ideas you give us.

Re: Upcoming balance changes

Postby miles » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 pm

First, clean up the spam on the forum, or no one will ever find it.

Second, I am glad to hear this, because when there were no balance changes in the update I was concerned. :)

Peace, Miles
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Upcoming balance changes

- "BuffDamage" trinket effect - MaxDmg value reduced from 15 to 10
- "IncreaseStaminaDamage" trinket effect - max value changed from 25 to 50
- First trinket stat lines now is flat bonus to the stat instead of percentage 1 - 10
- Max bonus to mana from Rare effect increased from 5 to 10
- Max Crit.DMG bonus has been reduced from 15 to 10

Postby miles » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Those all seem like sensible changes - in particular the change to the common buff makes to it useful at lower levels, giving common trinkets a reason to exist. Increasing the stamina damage buff is also good, because it has no benefit at all until stamina penalties kick in so it should be powerful when it does.

Will there be any changes to the Buff Damage triggers? If there are still too many triggers - like buffs from the current turn - it might still be too strong.

I will be interesting to see how much this improves the balance.

Peace, Miles aka Stanley

P.S. What's the deal with the trinket removal cost? The cost before was very low; now it is astronomical. Unless the intent is to bind trinket to pets, it makes no sense. How about a temp discount like with the point distribution changes? I'm sure I'm not the only one with casually applied trinkets now 'cursed' onto their pets. :)
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:30 am

miles wrote:Those all seem like sensible changes - in particular the change to the common buff makes to it useful at lower levels, giving common trinkets a reason to exist. Increasing the stamina damage buff is also good, because it has no benefit at all until stamina penalties kick in so it should be powerful when it does.

Will there be any changes to the Buff Damage triggers? If there are still too many triggers - like buffs from the current turn - it might still be too strong.

I will be interesting to see how much this improves the balance.

Peace, Miles aka Stanley

P.S. What's the deal with the trinket removal cost? The cost before was very low; now it is astronomical. Unless the intent is to bind trinket to pets, it makes no sense. How about a temp discount like with the point distribution changes? I'm sure I'm not the only one with casually applied trinkets now 'cursed' onto their pets. :)

The logic behind the price of removal is pretty simple:
To make users want using trinkets on all pets we want them to have multiple trinkets instead of using the same set for all pets just by replacing them. Plus trinkets removal price was bad because it didn't scale with your vault, so at the early game it was insanely expensive and opposite at late game. Now it's all the same for all vault levels which is cool as it's fair.
I know and agree that this is not the best decision, actually, this is a poor decision...
All the stuff happening in the game should be considered in context, change for price of removal trinkets is good in the context of how fast it's been made, it's like a patch on the wound, but as a whole picture this is poor decision that will be changed with the context in the future.

ADDED: btw, when Legendary and Mythical trinket will arrive it will be much easier to understand why removal price is so hight and epic trinket removal price will be reduced I think. But still, there is a lot of work to be done around trinkets in order to make them perfect

Postby miles » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:31 pm

I do have trinkets on all of my non-sacrificial pets, but when I first got a large pool of trinkets, I put them all in a spreadsheet, then grouped them into well-matched sets for my top pets, then my other favorites, etc. Beyond and after that, I've applied them haphazardly, while building up an inventory for new pets, or to upgrade existing pets.

So, I am not opposed to binding trinkets more tightly to pets at all, but right now I have a lot of pets wearing trinkets that were intended to be temporary - I guess I have a lot of raiding to do ;)

Peace, Miles
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 pm

When adding changes to trinkets, you HAVE to make removal of trinkets temporaly cheap. One should not get punished for previous builds.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Mayhem wrote:When adding changes to trinkets, you HAVE to make removal of trinkets temporaly cheap. One should not get punished for previous builds.

Hmmm, at this point I agree, I'll bring that to the team

Return to “News & Announcements”