Deed Statement

Princess|ComPet

Deed Statement

Postby Princess|ComPet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Dear ComPet Deed Holders,

As many of you know, the development of ComPet has taken a lot longer than initially anticipated.
This was the main reason why it in the past was decided to not release the deed payments.
However, we have now decided that it is unfair to keep withholding the deed payouts from you,
even though we at MindArk are still working on improving the product and preparing a proper marketing campaign.

The initial deed payment will be done February the 25th and will then continue on a monthly basis.
The ComPet deed revenues have been accumulated per month since the launch of the app.

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat rainbows.
MasterSplinter

Re: Deed Statement

Postby MasterSplinter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 pm

February 25th you say? Im surprised we arnt being told the payouts will start February 29th, 2018. Not holding my breath for this though. You guys have blown so much smoke, its coming out of my ears. Choo choo, all aboard the BS express.

I will say this. Being an adult, if the payout happens on the 25th, i will post an apology.
Weirdo

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Ehh ... So am I gonna sell now, while the deeds might rise before payout, or will I get finally some halfway reliable roadmap?

Marketing Campaign? What are the future "improvements"? What happened to the Entropia implementation (pets and stuff)?

Well, but I gotta say, that's at least something ...

I kind of got myself into this ... just like a grandma on a promotional trip.
Last edited by Weirdo on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Princess|ComPet wrote:Dear ComPet Deed Holders,

As many of you know, the development of ComPet has taken a lot longer than initially anticipated.
This was the main reason why it in the past was decided to not release the deed payments.
However, we have now decided that it is unfair to keep withholding the deed payouts from you,
even though we at MindArk are still working on improving the product and preparing a proper marketing campaign.

The initial deed payment will be done February the 25th and will then continue on a monthly basis.
The ComPet deed revenues have been accumulated per month since the launch of the app.

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

It's a step in the right direction, and I for one welcome this news from Henrik. I do honestly believe MA will keep to their word on the 25th Feb 2018. I will monitor prices in Calypso auction with interest. Revenue is important because it puts the pressure on the team to deliver, so everyone is a winner.

This is big learning curve for Mindark, the initial deed sales around October 2014, followed by the countdown launch (remember that), gave the impression the game was pretty much polished and ready to go probably well over a year ago. In addition most original investors bought into it with blind trust, and a faith in pets.

The reality was Compet was still in very early development I'd say Zeta rather than Beta, I still remember the extremely slow battles etc after launch. The game for sure is loads better than it was a year+ ago, but I still feel it lacks much content.

If I have one message for Mindark, it's 'do not fear' competition with Entropia, as two great games are better than one. To be honest, most of the people I know that backed this project really wanted a mini-EU for pets that could run on mobile. That would've been so amazing; Dragons digging up bones, birds pecking at rocks....hunting with different pets against different mobs. Yet I got the feeling that MA were deliberately holding compet back with lack of activities, due to fear of possibly taking traffic from EU. That is really negative thinking, and if that's true it must change.

We do really need a roadmap please, what are your plans Henrik? Please do not just park this now and move on. What's the worst that can happen if you took a chance with the team in place, and let them throw in some new non -PVP activities that would really bring in some traffic. Once you got traffic you've can have daily running automated events to push the PVP element.

I still want to believe, make it happen.

Rick
miles

Postby miles » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Great post Rick.

I know I stand opposite you on the PVP aspect of the game, but I fully agree with you here.

Peace, Miles
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm

the possibilites with this game are endless and yea, i hope this game will be 50% pvp 50% pve...

PETtropia, now that would be a killer app!
MasterSplinter

Postby MasterSplinter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Not to be a ruiner of wet dreams, just need some clarification on your thoughts. Maybe you can help prove i am looking at this the wrong way.

It's a step in the right direction, and I for one welcome this news from Henrik. I do honestly believe MA will keep to their word on the 25th Feb 2018. I will monitor prices in Calypso auction with interest. Revenue is important because it puts the pressure on the team to deliver, so everyone is a winner.

A step in the right direction? They are still in the same exact place as the last time they said they were going to start payouts, if not a few steps back. Revenue also doesnt matter to them, they received the money from backers, with no actual responsibilities to the investors (read as suckers).

This is big learning curve for Mindark, the initial deed sales around October 2014, followed by the countdown launch (remember that), gave the impression the game was pretty much polished and ready to go probably well over a year ago. In addition most original investors bought into it with blind trust, and a faith in pets.

The reality was Compet was still in very early development I'd say Zeta rather than Beta, I still remember the extremely slow battles etc after launch. The game for sure is loads better than it was a year+ ago, but I still feel it lacks much content.

I dont see how it wold be a big learning curve for a company that sells itself on creating virtual worlds. Look at it this way. Imagine you have all of the money from the investors at your disposal. Right there on the table in front of you to do with as you please. If you used all of that money in 2014 to send people to college, specifically for designing applications, right now they would all have a degree AND the game would be finished. Saying a BIG learning curve, in my opinion, is a bit excessive.
With a little research, on google play, its not hard to see what makes the top 50 games successful. Community, learning curve, short/long term achievements, and quick development. Aside from community, the development is the biggest factor in how well a game will do. Noone wants to play a game that has the same issues for months at a time. If the game has been on the market for years, and still doesnt have a good community, that wont attract new players either.
One thing Mindark does well though; knowing how to have minimal content. Even in EU there is a lack of content. Not only a lack of content, but a lack of user friendly interfaces, and an outdated engine. While everyone knows Mindark was never good with marketing, a big part of marketing a game is the initial user experience. They have been doing the same thing since day one. Making it more and more expensive to play the game, with no real improvements to show for the money spent. I have a feeling the same is going to happen with Compet.

If I have one message for Mindark, it's 'do not fear' competition with Entropia, as two great games are better than one. To be honest, most of the people I know that backed this project really wanted a mini-EU for pets that could run on mobile. That would've been so amazing; Dragons digging up bones, birds pecking at rocks....hunting with different pets against different mobs. Yet I got the feeling that MA were deliberately holding compet back with lack of activities, due to fear of possibly taking traffic from EU. That is really negative thinking, and if that's true it must change.

I agree with the not fearing competition. Compet could be a great asset in bringing a new playerbase to EU. I also agree that it seems compet was deliberately held back. Maybe MA needed capital for a deal, so they said "WTH, lets slowly make an app to get our capital, and get our current EU players to foot the bill". Being human though, i could be wrong, and i hope i am.

We do really need a roadmap please, what are your plans Henrik? Please do not just park this now and move on. What's the worst that can happen if you took a chance with the team in place, and let them throw in some new non -PVP activities that would really bring in some traffic. Once you got traffic you've can have daily running automated events to push the PVP element.

I still want to believe, make it happen.

A roadmap should have been released from day one. Even kickstarter requires a detailed roadmap for development, or a working concept. While i do think Compet is a great idea, thats all it still seems to be. PVP seems to be the main focus of the game. I understand it is meant to make money, but the core players should be f2p players. Those are the players that will give the players with money to spend it, while giving you a large amount of active users, and the pvp system is a bit weighted towards p2w players.

Dear ComPet Deed Holders,

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

I dont understand why the development of Compet was the MAIN reason to not release payments. Payments that have been accrued since the launch of the app. Everyone was already invested at that point, so its not like low returns would prevent new investors.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:40 am

hey Mastersplinter;

I cannot see a direct announcement from the CEO (top man) being changed, a firm date has been made.
Revenue payouts matter in so many ways. Investor confidence, there're only 4 deeds left right now for sale with orders climbing on Caly auction. So it provides ability for players to liquidate if they wish, hopefully without loss. Give it a few days they will be back to 100 ped easy.

But the key with revenue payouts, is the "amount" of that payment forces change. If it's good the company then feels confident to invest more, if it's not so good the company is forced to make changes to make it better....so its win win and public too. MA do not let their games die, they simply can't....since their players/customers are their investors generally.

I'm not looking backwards, I'm a half glass fall sort of guy, I feel a huge weight of doubt lifted off my shoulders today. Sure things could've been better, the game could've been what we wanted too....but MA have finally addressed the revenue issue. So that's a step forward.

Smiles......you need to understand Mindark more, I've often said this. They're artists really, in another world themselves, they probably spent 2 years with compet on the drawing board chilling on some personal cruise ship with no cares. I've never viewed MA as commercially driven people or that organised to be honest. But they're very smart when it comes to generating cash...but.... "in their own time"....lol

Sure it wasn't an ideal situation at all, MA has a habit or scaring the s**t out of their investors, but's that's how MA rolls. Plus who knows if there was a hidden agenda to force deeds sales so those deeds went to the right people.....we will never know...lol.

It's interesting people's take on EU though; we've all had those sellout rages, yet we're still here. I often think it's incredible that a game can hold people for over 10 years (I'm one of those). I think MA said rough shelf life of a player in Compet was 6 months, well some of us have already exceeded that....so it's all good.

The problem with RCE, is there's always that difficulty with the real cash economy when too much is said. So roadmaps can be a problem, not to mention MA hardly ever meet their original expectations on delivery. but I think there's a balance that can be made there. They could give us something to look forward too, even a direction they're heading, just to hold and build confidence (give us purpose).

Give this game 5 years more dev time, you won't recognise it.

Think I've typed enough. hope it all works out for you.

Chin up be happy. Like one of those devs says "drink pepsi and be sexy".....lol

Rick
TheMinistry

Postby TheMinistry » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 am

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I seem to remember that somewhere someone official had stated that the revenue now due goes to the original deed holders.
You can't (and should not) get it, sweeping Compet Deeds now off the market.

Could someone confirm this?
MasterSplinter

Postby MasterSplinter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 am

TheMinistry wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong...

I seem to remember that somewhere someone official had stated that the revenue now due goes to the original deed holders.
You can't (and should not) get it, sweeping Compet Deeds now off the market.

Could someone confirm this?

What you are saying is if the original owner sold the deed, they shouldnt get the payout?

Return to “News & Announcements”