Deed Statement

OZtwo

Re: Deed Statement

Postby OZtwo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Princess|ComPet wrote:Dear ComPet Deed Holders,

As many of you know, the development of ComPet has taken a lot longer than initially anticipated.
This was the main reason why it in the past was decided to not release the deed payments.
However, we have now decided that it is unfair to keep withholding the deed payouts from you,
even though we at MindArk are still working on improving the product and preparing a proper marketing campaign.

The initial deed payment will be done February the 25th and will then continue on a monthly basis.
The ComPet deed revenues have been accumulated per month since the launch of the app.

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

We have heard this over and over again. You keep on giving dates yet the dates pass by and most forget. If you are true to your word please give us a release date of next week. And what you will do if you miss this date.
Chazlow

Postby Chazlow » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 am

I posted the following in another thread:

Chazlow wrote:Can we have clarification on whether the accumulated revenues are based on a weekly or daily holding of Deeds as per the Calypso / Arkadia deeds and that you are keeping track of ownership and holdings?

Those who have held onto them from day dot (idiots like myself) may have had peds tied up with no return whatsoever, compared to someone who has simply bought them the day before revenues are distributed.

If the payout system is not in place then I am concerned that tracking is not and cannot be done at this point in time.

A response from the Dev Team would be appreciated

Regards,

Chaz - holding onto Compet Deeds since release (self proclaimed idiot for doing so).

There was no response to the post, but a few days later the 'answer' appeared in the June 2017 Compet Newsletter.
It is now confirmed once again in this thread.

The digusting part is that those who paid for Compets at 100 PED through the auction, or at a premium through the shop have essentially bankroled what Compet is today - yet an early sell does not even 'realise' the PEDs generated by their capital injection during that time they were held.

No one is compensated for the missed deadlines, deeds are paid out to anyone who owns them at the time. How convenient!
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am

Mayhem wrote:the possibilites with this game are endless and yea, i hope this game will be 50% pvp 50% pve...

PETtropia, now that would be a killer app!

It would be fantastic. PETropia I love it.

Rick
miles

Postby miles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Chazlow wrote:I posted the following in another thread:

The digusting part is that those who paid for Compets at 100 PED through the auction, or at a premium through the shop have essentially bankroled what Compet is today - yet an early sell does not even 'realise' the PEDs generated by their capital injection during that time they were held.

That's how investing works.
Chazlow

Postby Chazlow » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 pm

miles wrote:
Chazlow wrote:I posted the following in another thread:

That's how investing works.

Isolating that paragraph yes, that is how it works - but in Compets context, It doesn't.

If i buy shares today on the stock market, I do not receive the dividends from the time period where they were held by another party. The only scapegoat is that the amount hasnt been publically declared, but we know the dividend is generated and sitting there.
Slapper

Postby Slapper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Chazlow wrote:

If you were to phone your stock broker up an tell him to buy £1000 of shares in company X. You would find your bank account minus £1000 and in return you would either have a nice piece of paper or an electronic share deed to the value of £1000 of shares.
If you went and knocked on company X's door and asked to see your £1000 investment, after they had picked themselves off the floor (after falling over laughing), they would inform you that the money is theirs to spend how they wished, in return you have a very nice piece of paper.
This piece of paper is yours to do what you wished with. You can either hold on to it and hope for dividends and/or a rise in stock valuation, or you can sell it at a profit or a loss. This is your own choice which can be influenced by your broker going sell sell or buy buy, or just your personal opinion after looking at company X's statements.

Once you have given your money to a company its no longer your money, you have the nice piece of paper instead and you have to hope that the piece of paper ends up worth more than the cost of the ink and the paper its made with. You can't go to company X "Sorry I sold my deeds y months ago thinking you would go bust, can I have some cash pretty please as an early investor?"

Many companies will not pay dividends for the first couple of years as all the money is reinvested. If you buy shares you can only pray that you have not flushed your money down the toilet and stand prepared to take the rough times with the smooth.
Weirdo

Postby Weirdo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Slapper wrote:Chazlow wrote:

If you were to phone your stock broker up an tell him to buy £1000 of shares in company X. You would find your bank account minus £1000 and in return you would either have a nice piece of paper or an electronic share deed to the value of £1000 of shares. ...

But isn't it kind of worth to think about the fact that people have actually being misinformed over an extended period of time? Those who funded the project and kept in due to misinformation, shouldn't there be some kind of "reimbursement"?

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all saying that you are mistaken in your remarks, but I am sure that one could rightfully see things from another perspective, seeing how MA treated (if not to say fooled) it's "investors".

And I am not sure at all if that reimbursement could not be something like the revenue those people were supposed to get according to MA (except for the technical aspects).
Slapper

Postby Slapper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 pm

I think this is actually the first time they have stated a certain date and promised to pay out on that date. Unless its in a post I have missed all the other announcements over deed revenue have been vague to say the least. Just statements that they expect to start paying out, but no hard and fast date.

I do agree all the official announcements could have been improved upon over this issue.

To be perfectly blunt my compet deeds I was treating as a very bad investment and a total loss on my part. I also was of the opinion they would never ever pay a dividend.
Chazlow

Postby Chazlow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am

Slapper wrote:Chazlow wrote:

If you were to phone your stock broker up an tell him to buy £1000 of shares in company X. You would find your bank account minus £1000 and in return you would either have a nice piece of paper or an electronic share deed to the value of £1000 of shares.
If you went and knocked on company X's door and asked to see your £1000 investment, after they had picked themselves off the floor (after falling over laughing), they would inform you that the money is theirs to spend how they wished, in return you have a very nice piece of paper.
This piece of paper is yours to do what you wished with. You can either hold on to it and hope for dividends and/or a rise in stock valuation, or you can sell it at a profit or a loss. This is your own choice which can be influenced by your broker going sell sell or buy buy, or just your personal opinion after looking at company X's statements.

Once you have given your money to a company its no longer your money, you have the nice piece of paper instead and you have to hope that the piece of paper ends up worth more than the cost of the ink and the paper its made with. You can't go to company X "Sorry I sold my deeds y months ago thinking you would go bust, can I have some cash pretty please as an early investor?"

Many companies will not pay dividends for the first couple of years as all the money is reinvested. If you buy shares you can only pray that you have not flushed your money down the toilet and stand prepared to take the rough times with the smooth.

Thank you for the Shares/Investments 101 primer... I'm well acquainted with how this works.

But there is a pertinent point that is being overlooked.

"The initial deed payment will be done February the 25th and will then continue on a monthly basis.
The ComPet deed revenues have been accumulated per month since the launch of the app."

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Deed revenues are paid out on a monthly basis and have been accumulated on a monthly basis.
This has been occuring since the launch of the app, ie: approx 12 months.
Buying a deed before the first payout date you receive the deed payout for 12 months, thereafter for 1 month.

Not because the revenue hasnt been collected, not because it hasnt been declared, it is not reinvested, or realised in another form, not for any other reason except the deed ownership has not been tracked.

That is the point. There is no real-world stock/investment situation where this occurs.

No problem with opinions regarding poor investments or associated risk, but facts are facts - and im simply airing them.
MasterSplinter

Postby MasterSplinter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 pm

For those who think deeds should be paid out to original owner, or based off of the duration held.

Those who think original owners should get it: Why? You had the chance to sell out with a profit. Not only the profit, but the revenue, should be yours? The devil lettuce is strong with them.

To those who think it should be broken down by dates held: If you didnt have the money to LOSE, you shouldnt have bought in. At the least you could have held them until now.

Fortune favors the bold. You made a decision to invest in something that wasnt released. While the news should have been more frequent, and MA should have been more straightforward with their plans, you are an adult and need to live with your decision. Plenty of deeds were sold below 100ped the first few days after the payout date was posted.

Return to “News & Announcements”