This Is Totally Frustrating

TheMinistry

This Is Totally Frustrating

Postby TheMinistry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Check these three fights.
First one was against a very capable player with an equally matched pet, which I won by Initiative in the final round. Received one ranking point for that effort.
Second one was against a pet one level higher than mine, which had a superior abilities set. I managed to edge out a win after a long and tough fight and was again rewarded with one ranking point.
In the third one my pet was paired with a pet one level higher, with about equal hp, higher Mana regen, higher endurance and superior abilities. I had absolutely zero chance of winning and got punished by six ranking points deducted.
How can anyone in management and devs' dept not see that this is unbearable. You're driving players away. How can you not understand that you can't rank players according to their current rank/experience when you do not provide fair fights. The best chess champion cannot win, when you take half of his pieces away. Should his Elo rating suffer, when he loses under that circumstances?
You combine a faulty pairing algorithm with an outrageous ranking system that drives any straight thinking and feeling player mad.

Or this one.
I fought twice against a player with a comparable pet of the same level. Lost once, minus five ranking points. Won right after, got one ranking point back.
This is so basically wrong, I don't get it that you don't get it.
And just a reminder that on the outset there were even lots of zero ranking points awarded for fights won. What are you guys actually discussing in your strategy meetings.

Understandably, tons of fights get rejected. Before you force people to fight, make the pairing algorithm fair, or at least let the players decide for themselves, whether they want to risk getting paired with +/-1 level or not.
Sluggo

Re: This Is Totally Frustrating

Postby Sluggo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:22 pm

I have a feeling that any 'official' response will be along the lines of 'we will look into it' and for you to develop a different strategy. I know the frustration you feel, you put in time and effort and see some stupid algorithm or what have you totally wreck any chances for the person playing fairly. Kind of like the speed hack in EU, they will never fix it because it doesn't cost THEM direct money.... they don't look at the people who quit over bugs. Stuff that has been in beta for ages, and there are still glaring issues. Yes it makes one seriously ask WTF?, did you hire your programmers off the back of a match book cover?

Raid fights are just as bad, good luck defending your property.

sluggo
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:46 pm

The matching is the worst part of the arena system. Not only does it match pets of different levels when one of the same level is available, but it in fact prefers to do so. If we both have a level 10 and an 11, for example, it will always (I think) match a 10 against an 11, and never a 10 against a 10 or an 11 against an 11.

The same problem exists with ballet packs, so you generally get a 1000 GP v a 5000 GP pack.

Very poor programming which I'm sure could be easily fixed, but it's been like this ever since the subscription system was created.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Throw in the how the system manages crit hits too and that's frustrating on points ranking.
If you win one or a few fight, the system reduces your chance of crits, which is a pain if you've loaded up an aggressive pet with Ferocity instead of HP.

So if you're then matched against a 3 hp (per point pet, instead of a 2 hp per point) pet, then it's all over from the start. Regardless how good your other stats are compared with HP.

Loads of 'aware' players are loading up new trained 3 hp pets (balanced or defensive) with just HP, and only accepting fights against 2 hp pets (attuned or aggressive). Because the system favours HP over any over stats, because the system is trying to shift advantage if you've had more wins than it likes.

Whatever,.... battle on. It will get better. Let's be fair it's come a long way from 3 months ago.

It makes me smiles as it goes, because it's a window into how EU thinks on hunts.....ha,ha.

Rick

edit: When the system gives "constant" advantage (first attack with initiative) to a 3 HP per point pet at the start of most battles against an attuned/aggressive pet (lower HP). You think....seriously!!!! So you're already down on HP at the start, then get done with an Ambush on the first attack. ok then....lol.
TheMinistry

Postby TheMinistry » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 am

And again...
Same opponent in two consecutive fights, first my level 8 pet against his higher level 9 (had own level 9 available in subscription), then my level 7 pet against his higher level 8 (had obviously own level 8 available).
Won the second fight, one ranking point gained; lost the first, four ranking points deducted (only four, c'mon you must be kidding).
Totally gross. :arrow:
garci

Postby garci » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:51 am

TheMinistry wrote:And again...
Same opponent in two consecutive fights, first my level 8 pet against his higher level 9 (had own level 9 available in subscription), then my level 7 pet against his higher level 8 (had obviously own level 8 available).
Won the second fight, one ranking point gained; lost the first, four ranking points deducted (only four, c'mon you must be kidding).
Totally gross. :arrow:

yup, need to be rebalanced
and a cool thing would be to count raids in the points (with a certain ratio to keep arenas higher part of the average)
Sluggo

Postby Sluggo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Raids would make it worse IMO, I keep getting raided and no matter what I do with my pet, set him up with offensive, defensive, it don't matter, I keep getting fucked. I won a few times and then I can't win no matter what I try and get hit by the same people over and over again, yes it's frustrating.

sluggo
Sluggo

Postby Sluggo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:19 pm

So I just got raided again and lost my 10th in a row.
This is fucking bullshit.

I have tried many combinations of abilities and still keep losing. Im about to say fuck it and just unload the game and be done with it. You really need to balance this stuff or you will see a lot more people doing the same thing.

You want people to deposit cash into this thing? With an experience like this waiting for them? Good luck on that.

sluggo
TheMinistry

Postby TheMinistry » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:15 am

And again...
Lost against one Top10 guy with a nearly unbeatable pet in a very close fight, got deducted 7 ranking points.
Tried again for good measure about 10 minutes later. Almost identical fight, same result, this time got deducted 1 ranking point.
I know there is an algorithm churning out these numbers. Question is, shouldn't there have been some divine intervention on conception. :roll:
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:54 pm

-Having to fight the same guy in a arena fight again and again
-No raids or arena fights available for hours/days
-Unbalanced arena fights (if any at all)
-Having to scarifice mobs to, to be able to sacrifice mobs get to level xx.

Seriously, I have tested this game to destruction, but I see no reason at all to put in real money,
if there is no real action around.

You did a good work on the addictive part, luring in old Entropia players, but else this is some incomplete mob fight game with a dead town attached to it.

Other games ar far more addictive and people put in way more money.

4000 diamonds for 50$ ? Just to be able to do 2-4 mouseclick with it, instead of waiting to skill up using the gym over night ?
I admit you have choosen the pricing right for the addicted ones :lol: ...but what you offer as a game here is no rival for what is out there already.

The 1st 4 reasons at the start of this post, slow progress, bugs and promises of the 1st payout will make it look like you are only focused on the standard entropia clientele, that got used to your "tactics" and will probably live with it, even if this thread speaks another language.

You arent focused on the rest of the world, just like with entropia.
Promising to extend advertisements and stuff...since 2009...ending up with some "Are you a mature MMO gamer" gifs across some sites.

Add bonus wheels of fortune, daily bling bling clicks, attach more to the quest then just a timer...like all those other games successfully doing out there. Just announcing it together with "rob money of others and cash it out" also wont work well with no advertisements at all...no advertisements...reminds me of Entropia.

This is not KWARI. ;p

Guys, compet is a funny hobby attempt for a single coder and graphics artist, but only a decent, incomplete game for a company called MindArk. But ya, I got used to the way you "do things".

Happy New Yeah
and good luck, you will need it.

Return to “General Discussion”