Update for deed holders?

garci

Re: Update for deed holders?

Postby garci » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 pm

well, the problems are dynamic ;)
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm finding that the actual problem is that production has gone well past projected deadline and investors are unhappy with not only 0 returns on their investment but also 0 response as to why. Instead we are told what's in the works for game mechanics that should have already been figured out and incorporated into the game. I've published fully functioning revenue gaining android apps on google play by myself in less than 3 months so expecting a return or a little truth about whats really going on after several years on an initial investment "Deeds" isn't too much to ask for imo. Unfortunately in the real world contracts obligate companies to keep their investors in the loop unlike this charade.
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:22 am

any updates on the connection of pets in entropia to compets? Deed payout would be nice too but I'm only holding one deed (for now) so more concerned about what I'm gonna do with all these pets... hate juicing them in entropia, but may eventually if I have to.

currently got 27 bristlehogs,
99 chirin dragon pets
16 combibo pets
101 kanin pets
39 cornundacauda pets
9 eudorian devil pets
13 green leprechaun pets
231 panther pets
157 tabtab pets
1 vixen blonde
1 pan
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am

Well the Compet prices are falling under 100 ped now in EU, so we find ourselves in a bad place.

We really do need to understand the financial position now.

If not MA switch them into CLD (10 = 1CLD) as an extra issue, and forget the whole damn thing. Who would be up for that?

Rick
matthew

Postby matthew » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Everyday compet is delayed we are losing at least 1 pec per deed (had we bought an AUD instead of a compet deed).

MA say revenue is being collected (now) but we have no way of known if that revenue equals 2 pec per deed per day or 1 pec per deed per week/month... Given MA is hesitant to release this information and is busy working on core systems and monetization, it might be fair to suggest the payout is extremely low.

If the payout is indeed extremely low MA risk wiping millions of peds from the EU economy hence MA are withholding information from shareholders. Given the payout system is going to be one of the last things to be developed this tells us a lot about how MA wishes to treat the people who funded this endeavour in the first place.

I don't want to see compet shelved but I do want to see MA to tell us the monthly revenue.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm

matthew wrote:Everyday compet is delayed we are losing at least 1 pec per deed (had we bought an AUD instead of a compet deed).

MA say revenue is being collected (now) but we have no way of known if that revenue equals 2 pec per deed per day or 1 pec per deed per week/month... Given MA is hesitant to release this information and is busy working on core systems and monetization, it might be fair to suggest the payout is extremely low.

If the payout is indeed extremely low MA risk wiping millions of peds from the EU economy hence MA are withholding information from shareholders. Given the payout system is going to be one of the last things to be developed this tells us a lot about how MA wishes to treat the people who funded this endeavour in the first place.

I don't want to see compet shelved but I do want to see MA to tell us the monthly revenue.

Sure; it is a worry.

Although what gives me some comfort, is that MA do "create" an action to make it work.
Take AUD they were not doing particularly well until MA tried two things. First they put the event spawn in there, then they put Nanites in there for those upgrades. Both of which helps AUD stay afloat, and they did drop for a while below 50 ped before all that happened (the original price).

Now lets think about Compet.
It's fair to assume that some plyers would refresh their forest fights to get enough coins to enable upgrades.
Probably even more so now that the highest 2 forest fights pay 13k or 14K coins per fight.

Shields are potentially be a good revenue stream, even if each player just deposits $20 for diamonds to covers shields for a few months.

The game was designed for high turnover of players, we don't know if we're talking 100's or 1000's of players.
We don't know the net turn rate either, or the longevity of players.

Maybe players pay to complete early timers on upgrades, it's seems expensive way to upgrade but it's possible.
There's been quite a few limited pets, to use up diamonds.

Part of the problem might have been players farming raids to stock up on diamonds, before MA limited that by adding timers. So a lot of existing players might be holding onto big stacks. I didn't personally think of that before MA changed it..lol.

I don't think the majority of revenue is from the Arena, yet, even if MA probably thought it could be.
But the guy who got the top loot recently was using premium Arena battles to win that ped, so who knows. Was it a PR stunt?

Like you say; is revenue poor, or are MA just terrible at communication. All I know is uncertainty is becoming a concern.

Even if MA want to delay it, 'some' simple feedback could mitigate some concerns. Are they happy with turn rate, is it growing? Are there any positives regarding number of players? Just something.......

I think if MA are in a position to help hold the deed price at 100, at least that gives us an opportunity to offload some if we wanted too, without feeling additional pain. It doesn't help of course that EU has a dedicated bunch of opportunists pushing the price lower with auction orders, and capitalising on deed sale mistakes.

There's an argument I guess, that MA didn't make us invest, although I think that's somewhat lame. They asked us within a 'game' to invest, help us help them. I wouldn't call it typical investment on that basis.

Anyway revenue is what ever MA want to call revenue. Doesn't mean it's deposits, could be diamonds burned.

Still hanging in there.

Rick
Venture

Postby Venture » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 am

I'm no PR stunt, you can only win that ped pool by playing ped games.

I'll buy your compet deeds if the price is right, message me in game
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 am

Venture wrote:I'm no PR stunt, you can only win that ped pool by playing ped games.

I'll buy your compet deeds if the price is right, message me in game

You clicked a fight you won the pot. Huge gratz, I've got nothing against that and very happy for you.
Although you had "no control" of that end result, MA made that decision...so who knows...smiles.

Well I'm only selling at 100, and all deeds at once. 358 deeds = 35800 peds please.
Give me shout if you want them all.

Cheers

Rick
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 pm

RickEngland wrote:Well I'm only selling at 100, and all deeds at once. 358 deeds = 35800 peds please.

And the optimism runs dry lol.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Sinister wrote:
RickEngland wrote:Well I'm only selling at 100, and all deeds at once. 358 deeds = 35800 peds please.

And the optimism runs dry lol.

LOL.....maybe not, I decided to round "up" my holding to 400.

As much as I believe "all-heal and rain" pets are damaging to the arena, I think MA will address it somehow (even if they're in denial about it right now).

The trinkets are coming (rings for pets), God knows how that's going to work for sales and trades, but its something else to buy.

The forest is now at the level where it's highly likely a player will need to deposit to make the village upgrades to take on those pets. Add a few more forest levels and library levels and I'd say a $10 or $20 deposit is a must to continue.

We don't know what revenue means, but lets say worst case that means dollar deposits.
Deed holders own 30% of the game (or 200,000 deeds).

MA needs 333,335 x $20 deposits to make $6,666,700 ($6.67m) at that point deed holders have got 30% returned which is $2,000,010 Then the game is fully paid back to deed holders.

I've actually forgot when we started playing it, but lets say its a year. Lets also assume MA can get 333K x $20 deposits over 5 years. That assumes 5555 x $20 deposits a month (5555 x 60 months).

Sure 5555 deposits a month is a big number, although I'm only taking into account $20 deposits.
I already made one $20 deposit, and more than likely will need to do another for the village upgrades.

I'm sure there's players here that really burn the diamonds, maybe they deposited a few $100?

Anyway; with MA continuing to improve the game, add more content, and potential links with EU at some point. I think it's possible to make those numbers.

Anyway MA are stacking the dividend.

So I'm hanging around....lol. The optimism is back on.

Rick

Return to “General Discussion”