Very 1st Deed Payout 2017 !

McCormick2

Very 1st Deed Payout 2017 !

Postby McCormick2 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:03 am

-It got announced for january 2017, but did not happen.

-It got announced for february 2017, but did not happen.

-It did not get announced for march 2017, so it didnt happen

-It did not get announced for april 2017, so it didnt happen

-It did not get announced for may 2017, so it didnt happen (yet)

Do we SEE a (MA)pattern here ? Happy anniversary anyone ? It is amazing to SEE that patience is measured in months, sometimes even in years for little announcements like this. What kind of addicted community is this ? :roll:

But lets settle down, as the big dollars still get accumulated since the start of the game, we will all recive huge amount of PEDs...one day...if you still own compet deeds by then.

Seriously, whats happening here is no difference if compared to the main product Entropia itself.
Bad to zero communication, incomplete game, bugs, tons of unanswered questions (thanks to zero communication),a very small community. Im here since 2004, its indeed amazing to SEE that you havent pulled the plug yet. (thank you rich "investors") ;)

Though, I would feel quite uncomfortable owning compet deeds since 3 years, doing nothing, that I bought with my real money, to crowdfund a "Finally Entropia enters the smartphones" project...luckily I got my deeds for free.

Shall I sell my deeds before the price drops even further ?

To me it makes absolutely no sense continuing at level 24. Where is the action ? Where is the diversity ? Where is the fun !? Rob gold, getting robbed, a boring "town", an empty arena and a strange combat system. I really tried to enjoy this game, I tried to find the stimulation...I try to understand where the 2 million crowdfunded euros ended up when looking at this game. Where are they ? As already mentioned, it would be a decent game if it would be made by 2 or 3 freelancers..because thats how it looks and feels like.

Even an answer like "1st payout is expected to happen in mid june", just to realize there will be no payout in mid june...wouldnt even surprise me...as I have seen it all, twice...
Sinister

Re: Very 1st Deed Payout 2017 !

Postby Sinister » Thu May 11, 2017 11:22 am

It once took 6 months for me to get a response from Entropia support, followed up by a survey asking about my experience.... Finishing on projected deadlines and responding to consumer issues in a timely manner has never been a top priority for Mindark. It's probably always going to be like that as long as people keep pumping money into the systems as they are. A complete boycott of provided services is probably the only way things will change imo.

I could probably code this, model all the characters "a lot of them just use the same model re-skinned", minimal environment, minimal gui elements, create sound bites and incorporate the in game purchases using Unity's built in systems in around 6-8 months by myself so to me 2 million as a kick starter is just ridiculous. the only thing setting this game apart is the proprietary functions of investment return in ped and pet incorporation from Entropia and I have yet to see either. Going off returns from AUD I would make more money investing in penny shares so I'm not expecting a large return from these deeds either but it would be nice if they would stop giving false info "or zero info in recent cases"and just start paying back revenue.
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:19 am

Hello dear compet community,

it is june in 12 hours...6 months have passed, after the 1st plan about payouts (end of 2016)
6 months...

Kim Timkrans announced pet transfers between EU and ComPet more then 1 year ago.

ComPet Deeds are here since 2014 doing nothing.

And if I look at the actual progress of ComPet, (abusing Entropia mob models or the promsied trinket system from january, wich just started in development...and might show up later this summer...) keeping in mind David wrote :

Dav|ComPet wrote:
...the development of core gameplay systems over non-gameplay systems was considered necessary for the fully-rounded development of ComPet as a competitive and well-crafted product.

I dont feel this is "well crafted" at all. :|

IOS anyone ? (gets released soon, as stated 6 months ago)
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed May 31, 2017 1:48 pm

Well who knows McCormick...lol.

Remember when space was implemented and MA handed those hanger owners a ton of ped (thousands), because we used TPs at 40 ped a pop to get to Crystal Palace and CND. Plus they got free privateer. There's value in patience.

When CLD's came out I bought a load (deposited peds), it was supposed to help fund my game play and provide a more personal happy future experience. I ended up selling at 1250 each, when MA sold more at lower than market value. What a mistake, I sold out of principle and kicked myself in the nuts. I can't change what's done.

I see a similar situation with Compet deeds. I really like this new Camera view update, viewing others battles and getting an insight on other players setups has renewed my confidence of wanting to compete in the Arena.

I just know that if I sold my deeds (deposited peds btw), a week later MA will payout. Not only that, "if" they have accumulated a ton of whatever they want to account as revenue, I'd probably lose that as well. It would feel like a real kick in the teeth, after waiting so long.

Sure the deeds had a price tag of $2m (if they sold them all, which I don't think they did....smiles). I'd actually love to know how many were sold. That could well be part of the problem. Lets say MA sold $200K then that would explain the low priority. Maybe MA bosses got the rest as Xmas bonus who knows.

I think MA were on a huge learning curve with this both in terms of new software/complier and understanding the direction the game is going. It actually feels like though development it's picking up speed. They're committed to the product, and whilst they're committed I'll stick with it.

Sure things take forever, the trinkets "will" come, the links to EU/compet "will" come. Maybe EU pets will battle through compet. Maybe MA will have some sort of teleport box for pets so you can move EU pets in and out of compet. You drag a pet into compet section of your store for example, login into compet and your EU pet is there for battles.....who knows.

What I do know is there's huge scope....absolutely huge for pets.

I'm trying to avoid winding MA up, sure they let us down with dates. Hang in there mate, just a little longer.
The Swedish way of doing things I guess.....lol...laughing now.

Rick

ps: make some cool videos of Compet pets you've got the skills. MA gave you a cool gun for your work in EU, who knows. Bring a million people into Compet, they might give you the ultimate rare pet.
Venture

Postby Venture » Wed May 31, 2017 10:01 pm

RickEngland wrote:ps: make some cool videos of Compet pets you've got the skills. MA gave you a cool gun for your work in EU, who knows. Bring a million people into Compet, they might give you the ultimate rare pet.

You can use my footage of top 10 gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Y1U4areRCOM
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed May 31, 2017 11:34 pm

Venture wrote:
RickEngland wrote:ps: make some cool videos of Compet pets you've got the skills. MA gave you a cool gun for your work in EU, who knows. Bring a million people into Compet, they might give you the ultimate rare pet.

You can use my footage of top 10 gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Y1U4areRCOM

"no videos found"...that's a shame, was looking forward to viewing that.

Rick
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 am

McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 am

Anyone official out there ?
How is the core system going ?

p.s.
Captain Kim uses ability Cure 2 times (only animation)
Weirdo

Postby Weirdo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:42 pm

Yes, and any new info on development of the IOS app? Is it on hold or why does it take so long?
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:47 am

In unity it takes minimal effort to import the android package on a mac and change some function calls for an IOS export. Unity is really smart when it comes to finding issues in the code and it's fairly compatible between OS. I'm guessing in reality it has more to do with all the red tape you have to go through on the IOS store. While any idiot who can string a few functions together on a loop and cram a product key in it can publish it on google play the IOS store has a lot more rules and are way more strict about having polished working games. Then again based off of the lack of urgency by the dev team so widely seen so far who knows what the issue may be. I guess that joke about first deed payouts being next January was more of a realistic prediction.

Return to “General Discussion”