Sorry Peeps.. Tried to Play, BUT..

Treb

Sorry Peeps.. Tried to Play, BUT..

Postby Treb » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:15 am

I was so excited when I logged in late last night (maybe 24hrs or so ago) to find that the WIFI errors and battle lag were almost completely GONE! Earlier today, appx 8hrs ago, I launched CP from the very same Windows 7 laptop and realized the CP window was launching on my 2ndary monitor (two displays). I attempted to restore my old default resolution settings via ComPet "cogs" icon in-game and noticed my "default" resolution I have used for months is not present now (1920x1080).

I "lagged out/froze/paused" in my last arena match maybe 4-6hrs ago and just closed client out. Just tried to open ComPet again within last 30 minutes and the FUC**ING "There is a problem connecting (WIFI).." errors started spamming again every 5 seconds.. I typed this whole post while I waited for them to stop.. they stopped about 5 minutes ago but I must go to bed now.

I had previously lowered my resolution since last patch to about 640x480/1024x768 in attempts to improve performance. I just noticed recently that CP client window is launching on my 2ndary monitor (smaller) and not my primary (old standard).

I speculate part of my "WIFI" and/or lag is a direct result of graphics driver updates in last patch... or somehow the updates directly affect primary display and performance. I'm not a programmer so no idea "how" this would work exactly..

-TREB
Slapper

Re: Sorry Peeps.. Tried to Play, BUT..

Postby Slapper » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Try Leatrix latency fix to sort out Windows very nasty implementation of the TCP protocols, as Windows package handling leaves a lot to be desired for online gaming.
All online games use a "loop back" between client and server and most lag comes from the wait states between data sent and received to the client.
You can also do a Tracert in the good old windows cmd box to the server log in ip. This will tell you if there's any problems between your computer and the server box. Unless your living next door to the server the data has to go through several internet routing providers to reach it. From my house in the North of England the trace goes great till it reaches Ashburn in Virginia where it then goes to hell in Germany and frantically tries to reroute my trace on a different routing and eventually gives up. Why the routing takes me from England across to the USA then back across to Germany I don't know, but if I wanted to log in to game at the moment I could not.
Treb

Postby Treb » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 am

Slapper wrote:Try Leatrix latency fix to sort out Windows very nasty implementation of the TCP protocols, as Windows package handling leaves a lot to be desired for online gaming. ... You can also do a Tracert in the good old windows cmd box to the server log in ip. ...

Nice nice! Thanks for the suggestions.. have not used LLF before.. so downloaded the installer and have it on standby to try next time the errors/lag occur. I have previously used tracert to "competgame.com" with no obvious connectivity issues present - but I suspect there is a different address I should use for the actual client/app server?
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:00 am

I've seen a lot of wifi errors today too, and I'm using the windows version on a computer that is hooked directly to the internet, not using any sort of actual wifi... hmm...
Slapper

Postby Slapper » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 am

The last few Windows updates for Win 10 have messed around with the networking. I have had to reset the network adapter in windows on each of the computers (after every update) to even see the other computers on our home network. It effects both computers that are connected with cat 5 cables and wifi. It started on the update that killed off the windows home group and stupidly killed the normal networking as well.

Try resetting your internal adapter, Network & internet settings>> right down at the bottom >>Network reset.
Once you click the yes etc windows does it automatically and takes about 5 minutes, hardwired it will be ready to go wifi you need to re enter the network password.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Treb wrote:
Slapper wrote:Try Leatrix latency fix to sort out Windows very nasty implementation of the TCP protocols, as Windows package handling leaves a lot to be desired for online gaming. ... You can also do a Tracert in the good old windows cmd box to the server log in ip. ...

Nice nice! Thanks for the suggestions.. have not used LLF before.. so downloaded the installer and have it on standby to try next time the errors/lag occur. I have previously used tracert to "competgame.com" with no obvious connectivity issues present - but I suspect there is a different address I should use for the actual client/app server?

I recommend not using Leatrix Latency or any other 3-rd party apps for optimizations they are only placebo effect apps and most of them may make it even worse.
Ofc there are ways to improve your network for up to 5% but it won't make any difference + all of them have downsides which can result in bad experience at some point

Postby Treb » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm

Freyja|ComPet wrote:
Treb wrote:

I recommend not using Leatrix Latency or any other 3-rd party apps for optimizations they are only placebo effect apps and most of them may make it even worse.
Ofc there are ways to improve your network for up to 5% but it won't make any difference + all of them have downsides which can result in bad experience at some point

Regardless of LLF's "potential" pros or cons, I did install it long enough to safely say it did not make any obvious improvements to this looping "WIFI" message issue. Considering I have experienced zero connectivity problems on my system outside of CP.. I am hesitant to do any further troubleshooting or "tinkering" with local settings.. especially since the root source of this is likely on the host side. CP network activity is a bit "obnoxious" at times, in my opinion.. using more traffic and resources than even EU. I suspect this may cause some sort of conditional bottlenecking, resulting in the generic "WIFI" connection problem messages. And considering even further that these messages are mostly intermittent, this likely rules out other local config or security settings such as router port settings and antivirus blocking.
Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 pm

OK CP TEAM... Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am very hard to irritate..
but I AM SERIOUSLY GETTING PISSED OFF with these f@c!#nG (WIFI) SPAMS!

I had "JUST" responded to an open in-game ticket praising that it was the first time in awhile I had been able to login WITHOUT this error loop... had a couple of arena matches which gave ZERO problems.. then, while opted for "rematch" after last arena battle I attempted to open my FL and check for new messages. As often happens (usually no big deal), the arena matched me at the very instant I clicked on the FL and it "cancelled" my queued match. I then went to arena menu and the BATTLE button was clickable, as if I were never queued. So I clicked BATTLE button and the usual "loading" screen appeared before the arena match. After waiting about 30 seconds I feared I had entered "ghost mode" where my pet had already entered battle but my client may not "catch up" until the end of the match (if ever at all).. so I clicked the client window X button to exit. When I relaunched CP, the first "loading" splashscreen appeared as usual, but after a few seconds both my primary and secondary displays "blacked-out" as if going into sleep mode. Then display was restored and the CP client window reappeared.. but, as I reported in an earlier post, it was totally BLACK-FILLED with full live audio. I attempted to do another "blind battle" by clicking in general area of my ability icons at bottom, but within a few seconds this time it CRASHED.. I got a generic "Windows has encountered an error with this program and must close.. checking for resolution". For a second time I relaunched the CP client and, alas, the WIFI SPAM again *cries :( cries :cry: cries :x *. I just left it alone as I typed this post and it was looping for over 15 minutes until just a moment ago ;<

PLEASE PLEASE give me some general "theories" at least as to the source of this.. I have suspected everything from my firewall, to antivirus, to EL Tracker, to in-game CP resolution settings, to physical graphics adaptor driver.

ȾƦɆɃ
Treb

Postby Treb » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am

ALSO... WTF IS UP WITH "You are trying to access ComPet from a new device..." errors??? I just shrugged them off since originally reporting in-game.. but they seem to be often involved in the mix when I'm having the *WIFI" errors or other issues losing connection to arena match or rejoining. This has cost me a number of cheezy AI losses for up to 30 tournament points each...
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 am

Treb wrote:OK CP TEAM... Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am very hard to irritate..
but I AM SERIOUSLY GETTING PISSED OFF with these f@c!#nG (WIFI) SPAMS!

I had "JUST" responded to an open in-game ticket praising that it was the first time in awhile I had been able to login WITHOUT this error loop... had a couple of arena matches which gave ZERO problems.. then, while opted for "rematch" after last arena battle I attempted to open my FL and check for new messages. As often happens (usually no big deal), the arena matched me at the very instant I clicked on the FL and it "cancelled" my queued match. I then went to arena menu and the BATTLE button was clickable, as if I were never queued. So I clicked BATTLE button and the usual "loading" screen appeared before the arena match. After waiting about 30 seconds I feared I had entered "ghost mode" where my pet had already entered battle but my client may not "catch up" until the end of the match (if ever at all).. so I clicked the client window X button to exit. When I relaunched CP, the first "loading" splashscreen appeared as usual, but after a few seconds both my primary and secondary displays "blacked-out" as if going into sleep mode. Then display was restored and the CP client window reappeared.. but, as I reported in an earlier post, it was totally BLACK-FILLED with full live audio. I attempted to do another "blind battle" by clicking in general area of my ability icons at bottom, but within a few seconds this time it CRASHED.. I got a generic "Windows has encountered an error with this program and must close.. checking for resolution". For a second time I relaunched the CP client and, alas, the WIFI SPAM again *cries :( cries :cry: cries :x *. I just left it alone as I typed this post and it was looping for over 15 minutes until just a moment ago ;<

PLEASE PLEASE give me some general "theories" at least as to the source of this.. I have suspected everything from my firewall, to antivirus, to EL Tracker, to in-game CP resolution settings, to physical graphics adaptor driver.

ȾƦɆɃ

Heya, Treb!
We currently investigating this issue but it's very hard to identify the root of the issue because internet connection is so not a constant value and can vary depending on many other variables.
Our testing team is trying to reach ComPet servers from different countries and using a different environment, but still, it must be the hardest thing to test.
Btw, did you experience something like this before? Or this issue suddenly appeared after the certain patch?

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”