Sorry Peeps.. Tried to Play, BUT..

Treb

Re: Sorry Peeps.. Tried to Play, BUT..

Postby Treb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:25 am

Freyja|ComPet wrote:Heya, Treb!
We currently investigating this issue but it's very hard to identify the root of the issue because internet connection is so not a constant value and can vary depending on many other variables.
Our testing team is trying to reach ComPet servers from different countries and using a different environment, but still, it must be the hardest thing to test.
Btw, did you experience something like this before? Or this issue suddenly appeared after the certain patch?

Yes, I have occasionally experienced the "WIFI" error since day1 playing.. it's only since the last update that I began having the persistent "loop" at login and the "blank display / graphics errors" after relaunching client during a battle.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 am

Treb wrote:
Freyja|ComPet wrote:Heya, Treb!
We currently investigating this issue but it's very hard to identify the root of the issue because internet connection is so not a constant value and can vary depending on many other variables.
Our testing team is trying to reach ComPet servers from different countries and using a different environment, but still, it must be the hardest thing to test.
Btw, did you experience something like this before? Or this issue suddenly appeared after the certain patch?

Yes, I have occasionally experienced the "WIFI" error since day1 playing.. it's only since the last update that I began having the persistent "loop" at login and the "blank display / graphics errors" after relaunching client during a battle.

We've done researches on this issue, we couldn't find any potential weak points in the system.
But we've an idea how to handle such troubles.
We'll prepare a list of activities you need to do and then send us results so we can clearly see where the issue came from. There is no other/better way cuz we need to localize the issue first and then investigate it

Postby Treb » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 am

Freyja|ComPet wrote:We've done researches on this issue, we couldn't find any potential weak points in the system. But we've an idea how to handle such troubles. We'll prepare a list of activities you need to do and then send us results so we can clearly see where the issue came from. There is no other/better way cuz we need to localize the issue first and then investigate it

Sounds great! Where do I sign?? ;>
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:20 am

Treb wrote:
Freyja|ComPet wrote:We've done researches on this issue, we couldn't find any potential weak points in the system. But we've an idea how to handle such troubles. We'll prepare a list of activities you need to do and then send us results so we can clearly see where the issue came from. There is no other/better way cuz we need to localize the issue first and then investigate it

Sounds great! Where do I sign?? ;>

First, we need to prepare activities, so don't expect it to happen too fast ;)

Postby McCormick2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Seriously, the "WIFI bug message" is as old as this game.

People posted about it here in 2016 already :

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=wifi&start=40

I posted a "how to recreate it" in early 2017 :

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19895&hilit=wifi&start=10

I never used WIFI to play this game. Yet I got asked to check my WIFI connection...which I dont have. *sigh*

As I dont play this game anymore, but just read they offer a "survey" for this WIFI problem...a survey which isnt ready...I suggest reading the unity forums a bit 1st... ;)
Treb

Postby Treb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:34 am

Can anyone confirm whether or not this same WIFI error ever occurs while using either the Android or MAC client? I've always been suspicious this error has something to do with various factors relating specifically to non-phone platforms due to client resolution settings, graphics adaptor settings/driver, and/or physical display device driver or settings (delays or errors during the display formatting process of the client "play/screen area" for Windows/PC version).
Treb

DEVICE ACTIVITY / REGISTERED DEVICES

Postby Treb » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:09 am

Quick Update on the "WIFI" errors.. seem to be GREATLY reduced over the last few days..

BUT Regarding the "account in use" errors..

I was just doing a little digging on the "account in use on another device" error message.. seems this may be less of a "ComPet-specific" issue and more of an "industry standard" integrated security routine, similarly used by Apple, Google, and other giant developers. In more than one "problem resolved" search result I found for each of the two above platforms it says to delete unused/secondary login devices from your profile. I actually attempted to do this awhile ago under my account on the CP website but it appears to only "display" device information and *not* give an option to remove devices. Below is my list (along with an ODD entry).. if you feel that removing all but my primary device is worth trying to minimize my "WIFI" and "in use on another device" errors, please do so..

2018-03-24-ACCOUNT-DEVICE-ACTIVITY.jpg
Treb's-Devices
2018-03-24-ACCOUNT-DEVICE-ACTIVITY.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC (Hewlett-Packard) *THIS IS MY PRIMARY DEVICE (AND ONLY ONE USED ATM).
ZTE Z716BL *THIS IS A SMARTPHONE I USED PREVIOUSLY BUT CAN BE REMOVED.
System Product Name (System manufacturer) *W.T.F. IS THIS????
Latitude E6430 (Dell Inc.) *THIS IS A FRIEND'S SYSTEM I PLAYED ON LAST YEAR AND CAN BE REMOVED.

THANKS!!!
ȾƦɆɃ

P.S. The main "Competgame.com" homepage takes forever to initialize/load on my Windows 7 platform with Google Chrome.. no biggy.. just thought I would mention ;p

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”