Obtaining legendary beasts in forrest

Mayhem

Re: Obtaining legendary beasts in forrest

Postby Mayhem » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:33 am

Freyja|ComPet wrote:
Mayhem wrote:ffs, ive battled that damn thing countless times and never got it........

i must be in the 300+ attemt atm... how long did it take you?

I'm sure he is NotSure

hahaha im going slighly insane trying to ninja this furlock!
NotSure

Postby NotSure » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 am

Freyja|ComPet wrote:
Mayhem wrote:ffs, ive battled that damn thing countless times and never got it........

I'm sure he is NotSure

Exactly :D
It took me one month, don't know number of attempts. Maybe 100 - 150 ( on average 3-5 daily), but less than 300, I think.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 am

Slightly offtopic, but!)
What would you expect from such unique pet,
right now it doesn't worth farming it in comparing to effort need to be done. All you get is unique texture and it's not cool.

If you have any ideas feel free to share them

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 am

NotSure wrote:Image

PS: Congratz ! :)

Postby Mayhem » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 am

Freyja|ComPet wrote:Slightly offtopic, but!)
right now it doesn't worth farming it in comparing to effort need to be done. All you get is unique texture and it's not cool.

I would love to see rarer pets work better on PVE stuff, no extra effects on PVP but more gold generated in forest battles?
Sence i dont know the future or plans for upcomming things its hard to see some value to em.

Maby they can complete missions faster?
add extra protection money from raids?

just a few thoughts!
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 am

NotSure wrote:
Freyja|ComPet wrote:

I'm sure he is NotSure

Exactly :D
It took me one month, don't know number of attempts. Maybe 100 - 150 ( on average 3-5 daily), but less than 300, I think.

Damn, your lucky then :D

I average 100x forest battles per day and been on him sence he got released :O and not a single ninja was impressed :D
Treb

Postby Treb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:49 am

Just a generalized concept here..

First of all... are entirely "new" abilities/buffs even a possibility? If so, perhaps the captured critters could use a dual-variable template such as this:

*Pet Type/Class: For any "non-common" pet captured in the forest, they would be endowed with a specific abil/buff based strictly on their class... ideally something completely new/unique for each class.
*Rarity: These "endowments" based on pet's class will improve incrementally based on rarity of specific pet - possibly also unlocking a "reasonable" complimentary ability/buff/stat/savings..

However, all furlock should automatically receive new ability "self-euthanize" and execute automatically once received ;p No idea why I can't stand them.. I am a big animal lover, but furlock are like a virtual version of miniature poodle to me.. just have compulsive urge to kick field goals with them.

ȾƦɆɃ
I love all animals.. especially with barbeque sauce,
NotSure

Postby NotSure » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 pm

The rarity of pets should be important (as promised) or must be removed at all.
There are some suggestions on the forum already. If I need to repeat or add some:

1. Make the pets to have limited life span (life points). For example:
- common pets 1000 LP, uncommon 1500 LP, rare 2000 LP, epic 3000 LP, legendary 5000 LP, mythical 10000 LP.

2. Let the pets lose LPs in every battle:
- in forest: 1 LP;
- on raids: 2 LP in victory, 3 LP at loss;
- on arena: 3 LP in victory, 5 LP at loss

3. Allow the transfer of fruits from EU to Compet and allow the pets to recover LPs by eating fruits (but only once !!!). Different fruits for the different classes (1 fruit = 1 LP):
- balanced - caroot
- aggressive - papplon
- defensive - bombardo
- attuned - haimoros

4. Do the same (1, 2, 3) for the trinkets in Compet and the stones in EU. Let the trinkets to receives less decay on rare pets.

5. Put "Limited edition" pets in separate category. Allow them to recover LPs for diamonds ( = unlimited life span):
- epic (Flamingo, Phoenix, ...) 100 diamonds
- rare (Cacklebones, Easter bunny, ...) 85 diamonds
- uncommon (Trumpetta): 60 diamonds

6. Let different pets (by rarity) to have an increased chance to encounter equal (by rarity) beasts in forest:
- epic - better chance to encounter an epic beast in the forest
- legendary - legendary
- mythical - mythical

7. Open a Compet market/auction. Allow the players to sell pets and trinkets.

8. Allow transfer of PEDs from Compet to EU and back (for some fee).

9. Fix the bugs in the "Book of ComPet" and in the Forest:
- now we have 98 pets in the book (47+12=59 in chapters + 13 limited edition = 72 total). That mean, 26 pets can't be found anymore. You may need to reintroduce them.
- there are some epic and legendary pets in the book that can be obtained by fighting lower rarity beast in the forest (chapter III: Borgarth (rare, attuned) -> Black Pony (epic, defensive), chapter VII: Thawain (rare, defensive) -> Royal Kismet (epic, balanced), ...).

10. Make new topic "Bugs list" in the forum with two parts:
- known bugs (date reported)
- corected bugs (date corected)
There are still bugs reported too long ago. If there is a list, we will not need to mention any known bug again and again. Make fixing exploits and bugs a top priority.

And last, but most important: give me some reward for the suggestions :roll: .
Indeed, find a way to encourage reporting of bugs and the suggestions that you find helpful.
Treb

Postby Treb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 pm

For items which I currently have an opinion/remark, I am inserting my response below each of NotSure's ideas (in modified order) ;)
NotSure wrote:The rarity of pets should be important (as promised) or must be removed at all.
There are some suggestions on the forum already. If I need to repeat or add some:

- common pets 1000 LP, uncommon 1500 LP, rare 2000 LP, epic 3000 LP, legendary 5000 LP, mythical 10000 LP.

5. Put "Limited edition" pets in separate category. Allow them to recover LPs for diamonds ( = unlimited life span):

6. Let different pets (by rarity) to have an increased chance to encounter equal (by rarity) beasts in forest:
- legendary - legendary
- mythical - mythical

These are not bad ideas, but much like the other methods you list in this post, there should always be "some way" to restore the pet.. regardless of its class/level/rarity,etc. Perhaps even make it seriously uneco-costly to refresh a common pet, yet still possible if the owner is willing to pay the price. Instead of coining the term "lifespan", how about "mood" or "volition"?
3. Allow the transfer of fruits from EU to Compet and allow the pets to recover LPs by eating fruits (but only once !!!). Different fruits for the different classes (1 fruit = 1 LP):
- balanced - caroot
- aggressive - papplon
- defensive - bombardo
- attuned - haimoros

4. Do the same (1, 2, 3) for the trinkets in Compet and the stones in EU. Let the trinkets to receives less decay on rare pets.

Love your EU crossover and market ideas here but have a feeling we are a quite a ways off before any direct integrations..

ȾƦɆɃ
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 am

NotSure wrote:

- balanced - caroot
- aggressive - papplon
- defensive - bombardo
- attuned - haimoros

- legendary - legendary
- mythical - mythical

9. Fix the bugs in the "Book of ComPet" and in the Forest:
- now we have 98 pets in the book (47+12=59 in chapters + 13 limited edition = 72 total). That mean, 26 pets can't be found anymore. You may need to reintroduce them.
- there are some epic and legendary pets in the book that can be obtained by fighting lower rarity beast in the forest (chapter III: Borgarth (rare, attuned) -> Black Pony (epic, defensive), chapter VII: Thawain (rare, defensive) -> Royal Kismet (epic, balanced), ...).

10. Make new topic "Bugs list" in the forum with two parts:
- known bugs (date reported)
- corected bugs (date corected)
There are still bugs reported too long ago. If there is a list, we will not need to mention any known bug again and again. Make fixing exploits and bugs a top priority.

And last, but most important: give me some reward for the suggestions :roll: .
Indeed, find a way to encourage reporting of bugs and the suggestions that you find helpful.

Thanks a lot for the list !:)
Lifespan idea is very hardcore but some other ideas do have a potential.
I'd like to give rewards for being active, this is actually my favorite idea but can't do it right now without a system that we will follow for all cases like that.
I'll try to implement the idea into the team and at some point, maybe we'll work on it to motivate more to be active.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”