First of all, hello everyone! I'm new to the game. Returned to Entropia Universe about a week ago, and heard a lot of fuss about ComPet. Decided to try it out, and gotta say I really love the potential this game has! Really, really cool game concept, but it lacks A LOT of content. I guess we're in like an unofficial beta, even though it's officially been released?
Mayhem wrote:Do not implement Limited life spans.
Instead you can make pets have a daily aggression.
Common pets 1x raid, 2x forest battles 1x arena
uncommon 2x raid 4x forest battles 2x arena
and so forth....
ADD another building where you can train your pets to become better at certain aggressions as forest battles raids and arenas.
Rarity should matter and i would love to see this idea in the mix of PETropia!
That would require too many trinkets to be fun though. We already have a "stamina system" in raids and the forest. Adding another stamina system on top of that, as well as adding it to arena would completely kill the game for me, and probably a lot of other players too.
It would be VERY hard (impossible) to retain F2P/newbies.
I do however agree that rarity should matter somehow. I kind of assumed the higher the rarity, the better they would scale with level (maybe like a 0,5 extra per rarity level). I guess that's not what ComPet wants though, since it isn't like that already?
Maybe introduce different passive monster tiers that doesn't affect arena?
- 1/2/3/4/5% chance to drop 1 strongbox (75% green 20% blue 5% purple) when beating a monster in The Forest
- 20/40/60/80/100% bonus gold from winning a Raid
- (flat)4/8/12/16/20% higher success chance from quests (if they ever give anything else than XP? i was thinking maybe quests will give diamonds or strongboxes or stuff like that later on?)
And then a 12h/24h/48h cooldown or whatever (depending on the passive) when the passive has been triggered to prevent the passives to become "too good" (like getting 10 epic strongbox drops in a day)
Obviously I'm super early in the game, so I don't know how many monsters you can actually have. Maybe the passives can't start from green monsters, but has to start from epic or legendary tier. But then the lower ones are basically common as well.