How to get more points

Dorin

How to get more points

Postby Dorin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 am

Many players still don.t know, refusing fighting with high ranked players and keep fighting with noobs won.t get u anywhere.
U get 1 point for a win, but if u defeat a player with same rank or higher u can get up to 200 points in few battle, if u lose the fight, u lost 1 point. Worth the risk...
So stop refusing fights and get sone points :)
Fanda

Re: How to get more points

Postby Fanda » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 am

And how do you explain this situation?
Dorin

Postby Dorin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 am

It makes sense, after u defeat an high ranked player, u get points for every fight as a bonus, with any players.
For example i fight with Igor and i won. I got 20 points, after that i fight with few noobs and i got 19, 18, 17, lost 1, 12, 11, lost 1, 6, lost 1, 3, 2, 1.
So if i lose while u have a win bonus, your bonus win will decrease. I do not guarantee it works for every players, but works for me, and worked for Venture and NotSure, they got signifiant points after they defetead me. They might confim that...
Merlin

Postby Merlin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:57 am

You win against someone who has more points then you, then against someone who has more points then you then 2 or 3 times more and suddendly you get 50 points per win even when you fight noobs - this lasts for a few wins then it drops down again. Very exploitable system if you have some friends to work with...
Venture

Postby Venture » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Yes I can confirm fighting a player your level or higher starts a "point streak" where you can earn more points per fight and only lose 1. This needs to be fixed otherwise players can easily shoot to first place like I just did.
Freja

Postby Freja » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:01 am

Today I managed to rack up enough points to make it to the division of Baron. I've noticed that while I was at a lower division my point gains and losses where usually the same for either a loss or a win in the Arena Battles. No matter what Division player my opponents where. As a Knight it was +10 for Wins and -10 for losses.

Now that I'm at a slightly higher rank my point gains are lower then my point losses for losing arena battles in a bad way. Now it's +5 for a Win and -10 for a loss. Regardless of opponents Division. :shock:

Is this a bug or was this just a poorly conceived idea? How does this even work? Since logic would suggest to someone if you're taking higher losses in points then gains for battles it would put people off from doing them much or even at all. Especially when that seems to be the only thing you can do unlimited in the game. I've never been one to be put off by a loosing streak but at the rate of point loss now I can see why some people seem to stop entering if they are suffering a loss or two after winning the majority of your battles with the same players. I've noticed this is some of the high ranked players I've come across. Which if you can get and keep others playing in the arena could produce a few hours of entertainment. I'm having a difficult time grasping the reasoning behind it. I don't really think average point losses should exceed or especially double point gains. :?
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 am

Yep it's frustrating at that rank, although on the plus side you don't drop under 900 anymore.

I've been stuck there between 900 - 930 for months. Sure your wins will be cancelled out pretty quick. 2 wins equals 1 loss. Apparently you will get a win bonus streak at some point, I've not seen that happen myself at 900+

There was a rumour floating around that residence level impacts on how the points system is allocated.

Highly likely you're only going to get out of that position using low level 'balanced' pets, which is what everyone interested in point progression attempts. Personally I don't think that's really in the spirit of the game, but that's what we've got.

Good luck

Rick
Dorin

Postby Dorin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Winning 10 fight straight against players with same rank and gatting +1 every time, losing a game get -10. Gets u nowhere.
Compet logic
Droops

Postby Droops » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 am

Dorin wrote:Winning 10 fight straight against players with same rank and gatting +1 every time, losing a game get -10. Gets u nowhere.
Compet logic

Winning most, loosing some and still goin down in points :o
Havent put any analysis in the point system but sofar i fail to see any logic in it (could be me though :mrgreen: ).
Maybe they come in waves ;)

Still skilling up so not that important atm, if in time skilling up seems pointless .....................
miles

Postby miles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:18 pm

My Take: It's not a ladder, it's a roller coaster.

When you're on the downhill side you just have to ride it out. Penalties end, just like bonuses do. (I think we should start on level ground each season, in that respect.)

The common perception is that the downhill is too harsh. It is painful. Then I recall how fast I was able to run up the charts, and have watched others do the same. I've never lost 200pts on 1 fight, or 50pts on many fights in succession, like I gained coming up.

I think the quick run-up leads to unrealistic expectations. which then run into a harsh reality check that is frustrating and probably a point at which we're losing players. Just a guess - devs have the data.

Peace, Miles/Stanley

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”