Advice needed: collecting gold for building upgrades

Predator

Advice needed: collecting gold for building upgrades

Postby Predator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 am

Hey all :)

after raiding attempts were reduced, I felt that it is very hard or even imposible to collect required amount of gold to upgrade your village buildings. For example if 4200k is needed for upgrade, you can't collect it from a few raids per day, so the only way I see is to buy it. Is there any solutions for that, which doesn't requires of spending peds or diamonds :?:
Merlin

Re: Advice needed: collecting gold for building upgrades

Postby Merlin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:04 pm

I would say 4.2 million gold is a relatively highlevel building, you shouldnt expect this sum being handed for free on a daily base. Goldmines will mine it for you if you can protect it, shields can help you protecting it if you can win enough diamonds in arena and forrest fights. Raids will also give you alot of money quickly especially if you hit the right players at the right time - i have won raids for up to 2 million gold at times and of course have been raided for such amounts at others.

PS: Investing diamonds in obtaining a larger raidcounter will allow you to safe up more raids which in turn allows you to boost your cash the moment when you need it.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:56 pm

I used to buy that little extra bit of gold required to trigger a building upgrade at lower levels.

When you're at levels that need a ton of gold, you'll probably find it's better to go for shields rather than a gold purchase. If it was me my strategy would be:

Try get around 600K gold banked, then use all 3 raids to try boost it. Calculate how much all your mines can give an hour, and how many 4K blizten fights you can complete during a shield timer.

Maybe that means throwing on a 7 day timer (might get away with 3 day timer).

Here's the kicker though. MA changed raids to winning 100% of the gold, no matter what your health is after a raid win. Before the recent update, it used to be based on percentage of your HP remaining against the amount being raided.

So basically as long as you win a raid, you take your opponent for everything they've got. Scary stuff...lol.

That said even though there's cool down on shields, you're still open to use 1 day 3 day or 5 day, even if one of them is cooling down. So it's possible I guess to do a huge building upgrade over 7 days as long as all your gold mines at running at max levels and you use every fight available. Just got to do some maths.

Rick
Predator

Postby Predator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks for answers :)

Merlin wrote: Investing diamonds in obtaining a larger raidcounter will allow you to safe up more raids which in turn allows you to boost your cash the moment when you need it.

I have increased my raid attempts to 4, because 6 hours is needed for one attempt to restore, so 4 can be obtained per day max. But I didn't thought about saving attempts, thanks for the tip Merlin :idea: On other side it needs diamonds investment, it will take time to collect attempts, and it will be usefull only if there are enough players at a time in raid section with nice amounts of gold which you can raid and win against. This option needs consideration :!:

RickEngland wrote: If it was me my strategy would be:
Try get around 600K gold banked, then use all 3 raids to try boost it. Calculate how much all your mines can give an hour, and how many 4K blizten fights you can complete during a shield timer.

Maybe that means throwing on a 7 day timer (might get away with 3 day timer).

sry for dumb question, but what is "4K blizten fights" ? About the shields, please correct me if I'm wrong, for example if I have an active shield and I do a at least one raid attempt shield is gone. :?:

RickEngland wrote: Here's the kicker though. MA changed raids to winning 100% of the gold, no matter what your health is after a raid win. Before the recent update, it used to be based on percentage of your HP remaining against the amount being raided.

YEAAAAAAAAH that is fantastic, thank you RickEngland, I didn't noticed that change, but just tested it, and it works as you say. This should help a lot I think. :D

RickEngland wrote: That said even though there's cool down on shields, you're still open to use 1 day 3 day or 5 day, even if one of them is cooling down. So it's possible I guess to do a huge building upgrade over 7 days as long as all your gold mines at running at max levels and you use every fight available. Just got to do some maths.
Rick

Shields is for sure an option just one question: are raid attempts destroying shields or not?
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 pm

RickEngland wrote:Here's the kicker though. MA changed raids to winning 100% of the gold, no matter what your health is after a raid win. Before the recent update, it used to be based on percentage of your HP remaining against the amount being raided.

This is what's made it much more difficult for me. With a Level 30 guard pet in a Level 12 residence I only ever get raided by one of a small handful of people who know they can beat me (or rather, beat my pet when it's controlled by flawed AI), so I almost never defend a raid successfully. As a result, just about every time I get raided now, I lose all of the gold I've been able to accumulate since the previous raid.

The way it was before, a lot of the time I was able to keep my losses to a manageable level and continue to accumulate gold gradually. Conversely, trying to win a fight with as much health remaining as possible in order to win as much gold as possible was one of the interesting challenges about raiding someone else, and made for better (more interesting, more fun) tactical play.

It's a bad change imo and I hope they revert it.
Predator

Postby Predator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Oleg wrote:
RickEngland wrote:Here's the kicker though. MA changed raids to winning 100% of the gold, no matter what your health is after a raid win. Before the recent update, it used to be based on percentage of your HP remaining against the amount being raided.

This is what's made it much more difficult for me. With a Level 30 guard pet in a Level 12 residence I only ever get raided by one of a small handful of people who know they can beat me (or rather, beat my pet when it's controlled by flawed AI), so I almost never defend a raid successfully. As a result, just about every time I get raided now, I lose all of the gold I've been able to accumulate since the previous raid.

The way it was before, a lot of the time I was able to keep my losses to a manageable level and continue to accumulate gold gradually. Conversely, trying to win a fight with as much health remaining as possible in order to win as much gold as possible was one of the interesting challenges about raiding someone else, and made for better (more interesting, more fun) tactical play.

It's a bad change imo and I hope they revert it.

Hi Oleg, you kinda have same problem like me, I even can't upgrade my stables to get my pet to lvl30, because gold accumulation is extremely hard. But recent change to winning 100% of the gold, no matter what your health is after a raid win (and ofc advices in this thread too) should help.

In my opinion best would be reverting raid attempts to unlimited ;)
Aim to increase sales, thats the only reason why raid attempts were limited as I see it.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Quick reply as got to run for a train.

4K Blizten fights = You get 4K gold for beating Blizten in the Forest (Winter wonderland). It's the highest paying forest pet (as far as I know, apart from rare beast fights). So works well if you've got a shield-up to build-up your gold faster + mined gold.

Shields = you can't get raided if you've got a shield up or bought extra time via buying a shield in the shop.

Just a point to note: If you've got say 6 hour shield already active and buy a shield, it adds to the time you've already got left. So if you bought 3 day shield that would be (edit 3 x 24 hours) + 6 hours you've got already, so 78 hour shield.

Fully raided for all your gold: Yeah that's is going to be a real pain, I'll see how it goes though.
It's not so bad if you can raid much of it back, if you can't find the big money raids in return, it will get annoying.

Certainly will be hard to do any upgrades if raided every 12 hours, and need to survive 6+ raids on the trot. Painful...lol.

Got to go

Rick
Last edited by RickEngland on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Predator

Postby Predator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:44 pm

RickEngland wrote:4K Blizten fights = You get 4K gold for beating Blizten in the Forest (Winter wonderland). It's the highest paying forest pet (as far as I know, apart from rare beast fights).

oh lol, I don't remember pet names in the forest except Princess, cause she's active on forum :D thanks for explaining.

RickEngland wrote:Shields = you can't get raided if you've got a shield up or bought extra time via buying a shield in the shop.

Just a point to note: If you've got say 6 hour shield already active and buy a shield, it adds to the time you've already got left. So if you bought 3 day shield that would be 36 hours + 6 hours you've got already, so 42 hour shield.

so day in compet is counted as 12 hours only? :shock: really?
btw my question was a bit different (english isn't my strong side :D ) if I acquired shield and decided to raid someone, will I loose my shield by raiding someone or not?

Thanks ;)
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Predator wrote:btw my question was a bit different (english isn't my strong side :D ) if I acquired shield and decided to raid someone, will I loose my shield by raiding someone or not?

Yes. You even lose it if you attempt a raid but can't find one you want to do.
Predator

Postby Predator » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:52 am

Oleg wrote:
Predator wrote:btw my question was a bit different (english isn't my strong side :D ) if I acquired shield and decided to raid someone, will I loose my shield by raiding someone or not?

Yes. You even lose it if you attempt a raid but can't find one you want to do.

Thanks Oleg, well I buyed a 3 day shield, now we will see how I will manage to keep myself from raiding someone :lol: :lol: :lol:

raids.JPG
raids.JPG (40.91 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”