Need update

Mayhem

Need update

Postby Mayhem » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

This game really really need an update fixing the pvp imbalance atm...
Is there an ETA on next patch?
What are you guys working on with the upcomming patch?

its really frustrating gameplay atm :S
NotSure

Re: Need update

Postby NotSure » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 am

Well, with such speed of development (if any), you can expect next and last patch for the year in the middle of december - change of the background to winter theme and one, two new pet models. Obvious they work on art only.
Eh, maybe we will see legendary and mythical strong boxes (sold for peds only).
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 am

Hello everyone ;)

I totally agree that the abilities need to be balanced to make builds and variations more flexible

From now I promise I'll do everything to bring that thought to the team and apply changes as fast as possible.

Would be awesome if you guys could bring your detailed view on the abilities, how you would like to change them so we'll discuss these changes and based on it will take decisions.

Let me start.

Vampire Bite
Lvl1 : 6 - 12
Lvl2 : 8 - 14
Lvl3 : 9 - 17
Lvl4 : 11 - 19
Lvl5 : 12 - 22

Vampire bite heals 50% of damage done as health and 100% of damage if the enemy is affected by ignite.
So basically we can add 50% - 75% of it's median damage to the value. I suggest calculating 50% heal as without ignite, because using ignite adds requirement which decreases value by a lot and it will be very difficult to calculate

Vampire Bite (CD 4, MPcost 10)

Lvl1 : 6 - 12 Math: abilityValue = ((6 + 12) / 2) * 1.5 = 13.5
Lvl2 : 8 - 14 Math: abilityValue = ((8 + 14) / 2) * 1.5 = 16.5
Lvl3 : 9 - 17 Math: abilityValue = ((9 + 17) / 2) * 1.5 = 19.5
Lvl4 : 11 - 19 Math: abilityValue = ((11 + 19) / 2) * 1.5 = 22.5
Lvl5 : 12 - 22 Math: abilityValue = ((12 + 22) / 2) * 1.5 = 25.5

Vampire Bite + Ignite
Lvl1 : 6 - 12 Math: abilityValue = ((6 + 12) / 2) * 2 = 18
Lvl2 : 8 - 14 Math: abilityValue = ((8 + 14) / 2) * 2 = 22
Lvl3 : 9 - 17 Math: abilityValue = ((9 + 17) / 2) * 2 = 26
Lvl4 : 11 - 19 Math: abilityValue = ((11 + 19) / 2) * 2 = 30
Lvl5 : 12 - 22 Math: abilityValue = ((12 + 22) / 2) * 2 = 34

Bite (CD 0, MPcost 8)

Lvl1 : 8 - 12 Math: abilityValue = ((8 + 12) / 2) = 10
Lvl2 : 11 - 15 Math: abilityValue = ((11 + 15) / 2) = 13
Lvl3 : 15 - 19 Math: abilityValue = ((15 + 19) / 2) = 17
Lvl4 : 19 - 23 Math: abilityValue = ((19 + 23) / 2) = 21
Lvl5 : 23 - 28 Math: abilityValue = ((23 + 28) / 2) = 25.5

Ambush (CD 4, MPcost 12) (I count dmg with initiative only)
Lvl1 : 12 - 20 Math: abilityValue = ((12 + 20) / 2) = 16
Lvl2 : 18 - 28 Math: abilityValue = ((18 + 28) / 2) = 23
Lvl3 : 24 - 36 Math: abilityValue = ((24 + 36) / 2) = 30
Lvl4 : 30 - 44 Math: abilityValue = ((30 + 44) / 2) = 37
Lvl5 : 36 - 52 Math: abilityValue = ((36 + 52) / 2) = 44

Conclusion
1. Using Vampire bite will result in the same value as a normal bite, but in additional Vampire Bite have higher CD and MPcost which makes usage of Vampire Bite without being enemy ignited totally useless.
2. Comparing Vampire bite to Ambush give us info that using Ambush will result in better chance to win the game in 99% cases. Also, ambush have easier requirement to be used effectively

Suggestions to change
As Ferocity build got most effective abilities currently I'd like Vampire Bite to be more sustainy style ability but risky.
Ver1
Remove Ignite requirement
Make its lifesteal always to be 100%
Make the value same as a ambush have
Add bigger random
This ability can't inflict crit damage
Lvl1 : 3 - 15 Math: abilityValue = ((3 + 15) / 2) * 2 = 18
Lvl2 : 5 - 18 Math: abilityValue = ((5 + 18) / 2) * 2 = 23
Lvl3 : 7 - 23 Math: abilityValue = ((7 + 23) / 2) * 2 = 30
Lvl4 : 8 - 23 Math: abilityValue = ((8 + 30) / 2) * 2 = 38
Lvl4 : 10 - 35 Math: abilityValue = ((10 + 35) / 2) * 2 = 45

What it will solve and what will add
Vampire Bite will become usable
It will add a flexibility in selecting Ambush(Crit + Stable DMG) vs Vampire Bite(Heal + Randomness)
It will actualize increase and decrease healing effectiveness abilities

PS: This is very raw version. Will update later with other suggestions regarding Vampire Bite and other abilities

Postby Mayhem » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Okay cool!

The thing im most concerned with abilites are that you are missing one thing in my eyes, and yes, the view is limited but i can see it ingame while playing. That abilites are not imbued with rings effect thus creating a balance and inbalance factor. Combining 2 factors and making it into 1 will always be difficult and create scenarios that you cant forsee.

But we have to wait and see when all of the other rings are out so we have a bigger picture.

Vampiric bite is kinda not worth it atm, req another ability to function. I would rather you removed the req for ignite and put in a diffrent req like must have 1-2 self buffs, making it 100% leech and more like a bigger hit spell and with greater CD. And vampiric ability can "over" heal with rings, (100+%) leech. And vamp bite can´t crit as you said would be good.
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm

The game could move away from a turn based system, which could solve a lot of problems.

Make it active for both players from the start....."ready..... fight".

then you have 3 active empty slots that you've got to keep refilling with your fight choices (sort of Tetris style), until the fight is over.

That does away with timers as well, because if you don't fill up your 3 fight choices, you pet does nothing. Makes it more exciting too. Adds a bit more randomness.

I scratch my head at times, wondering why the devs want to make it so hard on themselves. you might also be limited by the "scope" you've been approved to work too from MA. But if that's case you, you need to sell your position back to MA. Look.."we have some great ideas".

On another matter, I still think it's absolutely crazy to just focus on PVP. It's like the owners want to limit the game to the smallest appeal target possible. It's like taking Entropia, and saying, let's throw away all of the game (99% of it) and just keep the PVP oil rig, that 10 players are interested with.

Just stop and think; come up with something creative and innovative, and sell it back to MA, rather than trying to balance this chess game with 50 pieces on each side of the board. It's not working.

We need players, or the game is worthless.

Rick
Dithart|ComPet

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:41 pm

What do you guys think of a point-buy system for abilities? For example you have 20 points to spend for abilities, and each rank of ability costs different amount of points. And pet-class would influence how much each ability costs for it. So you'd have to choose - to take claw lvl 5 and heal lvl 1 for a ferocity pet, or claw lvl 1 and heal lvl 3 for same amount, whereas defensive pet would be able to pay less points for heal and more for claw?

I'm trying to think of a change to the battle system that'd not require another half a year of development to be implemented, but would make game much more exciting. That's why I'd like at first to think of what we can do with the current state, and then if nothing seem to work in our heads - we could discuss some drastic changes like real-time battle or card-collecting type of a game.
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Dithart|ComPet wrote:What do you guys think of a point-buy system for abilities? For example you have 20 points to spend for abilities, and each rank of ability costs different amount of points. And pet-class would influence how much each ability costs for it. So you'd have to choose - to take claw lvl 5 and heal lvl 1 for a ferocity pet, or claw lvl 1 and heal lvl 3 for same amount, whereas defensive pet would be able to pay less points for heal and more for claw?

I'm trying to think of a change to the battle system that'd not require another half a year of development to be implemented, but would make game much more exciting. That's why I'd like at first to think of what we can do with the current state, and then if nothing seem to work in our heads - we could discuss some drastic changes like real-time battle or card-collecting type of a game.

Limit pets for abilites could work really nice or it can fail hard :D Its a big gamble.
I would like to add to this idea tho!
WhEN you tame a beast in the forest, that pet gets 1-3 abilites it is better on and adds some cool enhanced ability to those selected abilites it gets. This you could "respec at random" for diamond cost, until you get a desired combo on that pet.

With your idea, you could make attacker pets gets claw,ambush and a few agressive abilites more likly to crit than a defence pet would get.
This allows the stats on pets to remain equal on all pets, only diffrence diffrent pets would do is to change how the abilites work in combat.

Thoughts?
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Dithart|ComPet wrote:What do you guys think of a point-buy system for abilities? For example you have 20 points to spend for abilities, and each rank of ability costs different amount of points. And pet-class would influence how much each ability costs for it. So you'd have to choose - to take claw lvl 5 and heal lvl 1 for a ferocity pet, or claw lvl 1 and heal lvl 3 for same amount, whereas defensive pet would be able to pay less points for heal and more for claw?

I think however you try and wrap it up, you're still going to come across an advantage issue somewhere.
The original plan MA had (when they sold Compet to EU players), was to select and enter all your abilities before the fight started. Well that was the impression I got anyway.

So you might choose 2 attacks, then a heal, then other attacks etc. More of a gamble based setup, than live choices. Something like that might work, although it needs a ton of thought. Maybe with rounds. then throw another 6 abilities at round 2. Sure it's more dev work, but would it work?

But whatever you do, you still "need" a ton of players to be in the queue fight pool, to kick start the randomness of fights. If there're 2 real players waiting in the queue, and both know they have 95% of winning, no one wants to enter the arena. Result = dead game.

This can be overcome to some extent if you loaded the arena with loads of AI pets, that fill the gaps when no real players are available. Maybe you can make those slightly tougher to win against.

The truth is folks.... we need more activities, that are non PVP. You've limited your market, even more ironically with trinkets if a player is maxed with 4 epic trinkets.

What do you think will happen when a plyer has 4 mythic trinkets? No one will want to fight them, that's what is going to happen.

Add-on's etc are only really good and exciting and fun, when it's player versus the machine. Because it's the computers job to lose to make the human happy. You know that, we know that.

It's a real shame because visually the game isn't bad at all....the issue is "content".

Just stop everything, go and speak with MA. Pitch to them how you can make this game great. You got to change direction urgently. Because truth is you need to believe what you working on for real spirit in the team to bring some magic to the game and succeed. If the dev team are being told to build crap, it's going to be sad in the office.

I'm just guessing, but if that's true, it's no good.

Have a nice weekend.

Rick
Treb

Postby Treb » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 am

Dithart|ComPet wrote:What do you guys think of a point-buy system for abilities?

One thing that occurred to me after reading the latest threads on abilities/trinkets/points/etc.. is that just how overwhelming do we want ComPet to be for any new player that might stumble into the app? Obviously most of the algorithms and math is/would be done under the hood but just wanted to stress my own opinion again of #1 priority this moment to attract new players and RETAIN THEM. No idea for any single solution to make everyone happy with the lv1-5 pets but I would almost say to remove the trinkets at least for lv1-3 pets IF ONLY to help boost new player retention a tiny amount. I suspect most "first-time" players don't ante up PED for boxes/trinkets so let's give them more time to develop a thirst for the game before they accuse our x4 taurens finger of b.s./rip-off scheme to make money. I know there are many both young and old player candidates out there that need to be introduced in a "simple" environment and then if they enjoy the game some of them will naturally take interest in the details as they become hungry for the leaderboard ;>

Mayhem wrote:WhEN you tame a beast in the forest, that pet gets 1-3 abilities it is better on and adds some cool enhanced ability to those selected abilities it gets. This you could "respec at random" for diamond cost, until you get a desired combo on that pet.

I've always thought it strange that "cameo" pets were invented for the forest battles (and some are actually lil rough defeating w/out good rings).. then there's only a small chance you will actually be able to capture.. yet, relating to what Mayhem said, these pets have no real value other than some might "look cool" ;p Definitely would vote to have these less common beasts bestowed with at least some small advantage/bonus over common pets.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:37 am

RickEngland wrote:Just stop everything, go and speak with MA. Pitch to them how you can make this game great. You got to change direction urgently. Because truth is you need to believe what you working on for real spirit in the team to bring some magic to the game and succeed. If the dev team are being told to build crap, it's going to be sad in the office.

I'm just guessing, but if that's true, it's no good.

Have a nice weekend.

Rick

I'm in love with the way you expressing those thoughts ;)
Thanks for worrying of ComPet I appreciate it, that support gives me power :D

You step behind us :D We've got discussed many things, but most stuff need a time so you do not make rash decisions. We can't tell you exact plans until we will have 100% agreement, so the best what we can do now is producing new ideas.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”