Use 21 different abilites in Arena battles and win each battle

Oleg

Use 21 different abilites in Arena battles and win each battle

Postby Oleg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:48 am

Please please please get rid of this horrible horrible daily mission. It is the most tedious thing imaginable. Every time I get it I have to spend ages changing every single ability, on every single pet, countless times, and making them do stupid shit like random Vampire Bite that I'd never ever otherwise want to do, and even having done that it still takes forever and ever and ever to complete the mission.

Stop it, please.
Mayhem

Re: Use 21 different abilites in Arena battles and win each battle

Postby Mayhem » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

i agree this is one hard mission to complete...
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

It's not really the difficulty that I have a problem with - there's nothing wrong with hard missions - but the endless frustration.
miles

Postby miles » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Oleg wrote: Every time I get it I have to spend ages changing every single ability, on every single pet, countless times,

Just fight for a while and don't worry about it, then make a couple of changes to one or two pets when you get down to the last 4 or 5 skills. If you aren't using at least 16 different skills across your pet lineup, that's the problem (not entirely of your making, no doubt). Unless it takes you over 24 hours, you're not missing out on anything except the countdown for the next mission to start.

Granted, sometimes you have to do dumb things, but at least you can fight every battle to the end.

My least favorite is the "Heal 1800 points before opponent takes stamina damage", because it encourages throwing fights to succeed, which goes against the intent of combat. Also, Regeneration counts as healing for these missions, which seems stupid as no skills are used, but it does make it easier to complete without quitting before stamina penalty kicks in for opponents.

Peace, Miles
Dithart|ComPet

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Hah, this kind of quest frustrates me too ) I'll bring up the idea to rework/remove it on our team meeting. Though, I understand that the problem lies mostly not in the quest itself...
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:10 am

miles wrote:
Oleg wrote:My least favorite is the "Heal 1800 points before opponent takes stamina damage", because it encourages throwing fights to succeed, which goes against the intent of combat.

Yes, that one is stupid too (though easy to complete). In general I don't think there should be anything in the daily missions that requires or encourages you to do anything that you wouldn't do for any other reason than to complete the mission.
Oleg

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 am

Dithart|ComPet wrote:Hah, this kind of quest frustrates me too ) I'll bring up the idea to rework/remove it on our team meeting. Though, I understand that the problem lies mostly not in the quest itself...

It wouldn't be so bad if the number of abilities required was reduced. Requiring 21 abilities when there are only 36 available in total (and a much smaller number available to lower level pets which is still where most of the arena action happens) is too much. That said, it would still encourage the use of "bad" tactics.
NotSure

Postby NotSure » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 am

Please, make an option to abandon a mission, so I have to wait 24 instead of 48 hours for the next one.
EricChase

Postby EricChase » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Dithart|ComPet wrote:Hah, this kind of quest frustrates me too ) I'll bring up the idea to rework/remove it on our team meeting. Though, I understand that the problem lies mostly not in the quest itself...

Yeah, it frustrates me also.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”