Pet Stats & Battle Formulas/Calculations

Treb

Pet Stats & Battle Formulas/Calculations

Postby Treb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:35 am

Been playing around with a spreadsheet I started during my first week of ComPet.. not entirely sure even why.. maybe it's to serve as a diary or journal... help make pet change decisions simpler... or perhaps it's simply a misplaced OCD compulsion (which is aka ADD 2.0);>

A lot of formulas have been simplified, especially since last VU with the Tier-1 trinket bonuses changed from +% to +"X", but still thought other XLS addicts might like to share/learn this info (CP Team, this includes you also :twisted: ). If anyone has corrections to any of my logic - PLEASE post reply w/ info - That has never ever happened before in my life but you won't hurt my feelings ;)

PET STATS (GENERAL):

HEALTH, MOJO, FEROCITY, ENDURANCE:
*This table shows how much of a skill each type of pet will gain per 1 skill point used at level-up:

CLASS HP … FER … END … MOJ
BAL … 3 … 2.5 … 1.5 … 2.0
AGR … 2 … 3.5 … 1.0 … 1.5
DEF … 3 … 1.0 … 2.0 … 2.0
ATT … 2 … 1.5 … 1.0 … 3.5

*Their related calculations (trinkets, etc) are all obvious since bonuses are no longer +%.
Yet I am still undecided as to whether this is a good thing.. I sorta liked the idea of utilizing certain trinkets based on their +% bonuses... ie; I would try to match a +10% health bonus with highest HP pets.. so same trinket might give me a "real" bonus value of 5hp when used on a 50hp pet (55 total hp) but could give me 20hp (220 total) if used on a 200hp pet.

STAMINA:
*Most of my math skills are at least adequate (for 5th grade) so I was amazed to stumble on this equation after only about five attempts of trial-and-error.. it seems to be 100% accurate on the surface at least for my own stable's population which threatens the fire marshall's maximum occupancy safety permit:
=(TBL_PETLIST[[#This Row],[ENDURANCE]]+15)*0.25 ---- OR --- ((Endurance +15) x 0.25))
However if a pet should have less than its starting 15pts of Endurance this formula would not be accurate

MP REG/RESTORE MANA/REGENERATE MANA:
*I'm 99.475% certain that Regenerate Mana (MP Reg) is simply 10% of your Mojo value.. but wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be 9.98742322%

BATTLE STATS:

MANA REGEN: *(See MP Reg)
RESISTANCE CHANCE: *(UNKNOWN)..
INIT CHANCE: *(UNKNOWN)..
CRIT CHANCE: *(UNKNOWN)..

*I'm guessing some of these are a bit more difficult to calculate, as, for example, Init Chance value displayed on your pet's "battle mode" information pop-up window is likely calculated using some/all of the following values:
*YOUR Ferocity value
*plus any trinket Ferocity bonuses
*YOUR trinket INITIATIVE bonuses
*OPPONENT'S Ferocity value
*plus any OPPONENT'S trinket INITIATIVE bonuses

TRINKET STAT MODIFIERS:

COMMON: *(OBVIOUS).

UNCOMMON:

REGENERATION (HP): *So far I've only seen these two variations (first % is assuming max trinket level):
5% chance to restore 10% of total HP
10% chance to restore 5% of total HP

RESTORE MANA: *Up to 25% chance to restore 1mp on your turn -unsure if additional rings stack horizontal or vertical... ie; If equipped, 4x trinkets that each give max 25% bonus -- what is result:
A) 100% chance of regenerating 1 mp every round.
B) 25% chance of regenerating 4 mp every round.
C) It's too complicated for you, Treb.

CRIT. DAMAGE: *(UNKNOWN)..

STAMINA: *Increases your pet's total stamina by this amount.

RARE:

MAX MANA: *Increases your pet's total mana bar in battle by this amount.

INITIATIVE: *(UNKNOWN)..

EPIC:

LIFE STEAL: *% chance of recovering health in the amount of damage dealt to opponent (variables apply).
BUFF DAMAGE: *(UNCERTAIN BUT TOO HIGH)..
INCREASED DAMAGE: *(UNKNOWN)..
STAMINA PENALTY: *Is this even working now? ;p

with Love,

-Treb .. the brainhugger

SEARCH KEYWORD: calculate calculation stats skill skills formula equation
Freyja|ComPet

Re: Pet Stats & Battle Formulas/Calculations

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:47 am

Hello, Treb!)

I'm glad reading such posts!
Currently, balance is destroyed and to bring it back we need to simplify things.
Btw, you know the words "Simple things are the best things"?
Simple doesn't mean stupid and flat, simple means the well organized and constructed.
So, right now we have several tools to play with balances:
1. Pet stats
2. Abilities
3. Trinkets
4. Pet classes
Try to calculate how many setups you can reach using all of these :twisted:

This is ain't good situation which makes the community to the become "Abusive Researchers" you guys just search for most overpowered builds and abuse it, you do not try to find tactics and another metagame because you simply don't need to :)

That's my points where I start when I start balance discussions.

So what we should be doing? We need to predict all possible builds and make them around 50% vs 50% and give you guys tools which you can be using to get the advantage over the opponent

This is it, for now, I'd really appreciate if you guys would point up some balance points (Abilities, Classes, Stats) of the new VU which you would like to discuss or want it to be changed, I wanna be sure that we are in the same boat regarding balance.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”