Feedback & Suggestion

Bear

Feedback & Suggestion

Postby Bear » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:02 am

Hi,
first I like to congratulate the developer team - you made a quite nice game!

Positive
I like the games mechanics and I see the room which is left to implement new addtions and expansions.
There are some anoying bugs such as wrong(missing) HP points when battles starts (maybe I got it wrong, but i think its a bug) - but noting serious which would kill the fun. :)

Negative
Now, there is "something" I absolutly don´t like: The Story of the Game! :(
Mr. Monocle had a run down Farm with a Pet he liked to send into Battle. But he has grown old. Now you take his place and his "sexy" secretary helps you...
The missions are "Helping Santa" or "The Storch to deliver babies"...

Well, sorry but I think this sucks.
1. It has almost nothing to do with EU
2. Its boring
3. Its for childs?!
4. Its sexist - why that woman? What if a girl plays - doesn´t she deserve a "boy"?..
5. Its generic, its not a unique selling point

With all those "Farming/Battle/Zombie/Casualgames" out there it is very hard to make something which will be noticed. The game mechanics are nice, but not unique and not a big seller. The problem is that the story does not help at all - on the contrary. Adults who are not familiar with EU will think is a child game. Children don´t have much money, no mobile, don´t like to read and they mostly have a quite short attention span.
A short attention span with "no money" makes Compet a bad game for kids.

A Suggestion
1. Make it a game for +16 year old people.
2. Rewrite the Story
3. Bring gore and guts

Let me explain what I mean by giving the word to "Conan the Dog":

In the year 1957 the first dog was send into space - Laika.

I did not know her, but we all knew the story. Many other dogs and cats followed her - and I was one of them! Offcially my mission was Mars but that was not where I arrived after centuries of cryo-sleep...

When I woke up, my craft had landed on a green Planet, with rich flora and fauna.
Almost paradise - until I met the locals:
Friendly as they seem, they turned out be Warlords of their own kind.

They enslaved me
They tortured me
They geneticly changed and enhanced me
... just for one reason: To fight in the arenas of Planet Calypso!

I was good
I was the best!
Highly valued and I got everything - beside my freedom.
It was time to break free....

Now the first few battles start where your choosen pet, in this case "Conan the Dog", breaks free and battles. This way he will collect the first Diamonds and Gold and get this first Friend (second Pet).
After the Into-Story fights, the player founds a settlement and the game starts.

--------------
With this kind of Story, it is way more easy to come up with new Mission stories:
The player has a given enemy (the enslavers) & someting to defend (freedom).

It is linked to Entropia Universe by a story and if the fights get some more guts & gore on the finishing moves - it should be more apealing to grown up people. The "Cute" turns "Ugly" can be a real point of sale - who does not want to see the next hard core finishing move a cat does on a dog?
Before you say "na" - this kind of stuff has worked a lot with games & a lot of films use it as well...
Bear

Re: Feedback & Suggestion

Postby Bear » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:25 am

mmm...

seems nobody has anything to say about my suggestion :(

You guys don´t like it? I still like the idea ;)
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:11 am

Bear wrote:mmm...

Thanks for the feedback ; ) the only gore you will get is rainbows and sprinkles ; )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat rainbows.
Bear

Postby Bear » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:11 am

Princess|ComPet wrote:
Bear wrote:mmm...

Thanks for the feedback ; ) the only gore you will get is rainbows and sprinkles ; )

Well, gore ain´t "gore".
There is the serious gore, like you might know from TV News or Movies like Hellraiser or Evil Dead.

There is also the comic style "gore" like in the movie "Army of Darkness" - its more Buster Keaton style.

anyway...
My suggestion is not mainly about "more gore" - its about the overall setup and especially the "Background Story" you have choosen. I am seriously concerned about the given graphics and the story. Its like a badly written fairytale for little children or maybe some "new dad & mom" people who´s children are still too small to pull legs from a spider.

What is the point of sale? Beside selling it to those investors, like me, who put some serious money in it because they thought this game would have something to do with Entropia Universe...
There is the link to the PED system, but honestly, those people who might play Compet are not those who will play EU. Also you probably made all those Trump fans (a few million potential customers) to be not the biggest fans of Compet - thanks for that. I mean: If you deliver something with Compet to constantly make those right wings angry all the time - thats a nice point of sale and would make me happy - but as the game is - you guys just drained the customer base with those Trumpet videos...

I tell you something. Read my storyline again - and evaluate it against yours. Come up with something new. If you stay with your story, Compet with be a big BIG fail.
garci

Postby garci » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:05 am

i agree, conan the dog is a better background story for compet ;)
Bear

Postby Bear » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:10 pm

garci wrote:i agree, conan the dog is a better background story for compet ;)

thx... now Version 1.0 is out ... ye (yay?)

Still same story setup :(

I can only hope that I am wrong.
Bear

Postby Bear » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:04 am

I told ya...
I think my points are still valid.

Bring in some comic style Gore and a story.
That would bring atlas some uniqueness...
Bear

Postby Bear » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Ye... hate to say.. but told ya.. :(

Now finaly make this a game for grown-ups. The bad ass version of whatever generic game you took as blue-print.

Thanks
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:26 am

McCormick2 wrote:Image

Since there are no "like post" tags in this forum format... you'd think they could at least include a *thumbs up* emoticon ;p if the software allows imported emoticons I'll donate an animated clip for "WOOOOOOOH!!..*pause*..YEAH!!" ;>

Return to “Feedback & Other”