My Grumpy Thread

TheMinistry

My Grumpy Thread

Postby TheMinistry » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 am

Let's start with trinkets.

Trinkets have been introduced, and one should suppose that everybody agrees that the one basic property of trinkets would be that they can be equipped and uneqipped and moved around. However, from the beginning removal of trinkets has been penalized, you paid 10.000 Gold to remove a single purple trinket... and after the current update it's a whopping 720.000 Gold even.

As Jay Leno asked Hugh Grant after the hooker incident: "What the hell were you thinking." As a player and a customer, stuff like this just puts me off. :arrow:

I think everybody agrees that trinkets are a mess right now. Changes have been announced already.

Just a few thoughts on the subject.

Trinkets should enhance pet properties, not dominate them or render them inconsequential.

Within the current system, we have 4 trinket slots and 10 levels per trinket. Wouldn't that suggest to allow a maximum of 40% enhancement per property. So if you have 4 trinkets all of level 10 for the same property, you'd reach just that maximum enhancement. If you have one level 7 trinket, one level 4 trinket, and one level 2 trinket for the same property, while the fourth trinket does nothing for that property at all (regardless of its level), you'd have a 13% enhancement for that property, e.g.

Because trinkets have relatively more impact on lower level pet fights, it might be advisable to cap that. Easy way would be that every pet can use only trinkets up to its own level... level 3 pets can use level 3 trinkets... level 5 pets can use level 5 trinkets... you need a pet of level 10 or more to make full use of any trinket. (No need to forbid higher level trinkets on lower level pets though and unnecessarily hinder gameplay, just cap it numerically so that, say, a level 5 trinket on a level 3 pet works just like a level 3 trinket.)

Also, there need to be trade-offs. In this respect the current system fails right now. The lower, more common trinkets are being just shredded and everybody is after the rarer trinkets and special ones. Rarer trinkets have more property slots and better property enhancements. This makes gameplay way too one-dimensional. When you enhance better properties you should have to give up the number of slots available to you. Players should be forced to chose between enhancing 4 common properties and 1 or 2 more special properties, e. g. So there could not be ever one dominating combination of the most special properties at the highest level of enhancement (40%, see above).

I mean, I encountered pets of level 3 with 27 rounds of stamina via trinkets. How in the world can something like that even be implemented in the first place. :?:
miles

Re: My Grumpy Thread

Postby miles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Good post, and to your last point, it seems like some of the AI fight opponents have crazy stats. I sent my logs after one battle yesterday, asking how my opponents stats were possible, even with trinkets.

Peace, Miles
Treb

Re: My Grumpy Thread

Postby Treb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 am

miles wrote:Good post, and to your last point, it seems like some of the AI fight opponents have crazy stats. I sent my logs after one battle yesterday, asking how my opponents stats were possible, even with trinkets.

Agreed very much so! Great thoughts there TM.. especially capping the higher trinket levels on low level pets yet allowing the trinket itself to be a higher level as they "grow into it".. that helps keep overall distribution simple and would help remove a lot of stat abuse.

Oh, and Miles.. those AI pets you are referring to..
the extra stats are to compensate their lack of skills ie; backstab ;>

Return to “Feedback & Other”