Feedback from a new player

Radnok

Feedback from a new player

Postby Radnok » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Just started playing ComPet a few days ago, and I have a few observations that I felt I should share.

The art is very nice and I like the village build part.

The Forest battles are not what I expected - static battle, no world exploration.

Arena - this is a big roadblock. When I enter the arena with my low level pets (my highest is level 5), with either one or two trinkets, or no trinkets at all, I get matched with an advanced player who has four trinkets, frequently leveled to 10, and advanced skills that higher level, more established players have access to, or, more frequently, I give up waiting for a match, this being most likely due to a small player base. Seriously, though, being matched against pets that are so heavily overpowered for a new player to fight is frustrating to say the least, and can (will?) scare away new players. Matches should be challenging for all levels of players, not impossible for new players and easy for established players.

Raids - I've read a bit about these, but have not unlocked them. Without trying them all I can say is I am not keen on this feature. Would have thought it would be something like a group of players working together to beat a big mob, not stealing gold from other players. If it is anything like arena battles, where established players are favored over new players, it's a show stopper.

lastly, you have in the pet purchase section a place for limited edition pets - it's the Christmas season, and there isn't a limited edition pet to buy?

I've read in the forums that your focus is PvP and are wanting to take this into eSports. I have no idea how well that will work. Right now your player base is probably too small to make it as an eSport, but I am no expert. And without balancing Arena matches so that new players can actually compete reasonably well against established players, you're not likely to grow the player base enough to make it into eSports.

Not sure if I will continue playing or not. There's a lot of opportunity in this space if you develop a game that has good balance and can attract and retain new players. Hopefully you'll figure out how to make that happen.
NotSure

Re: Feedback from a new player

Postby NotSure » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Radnok wrote:Just started playing ComPet a few days ago, and I have a few observations that I felt I should share.
Seriously, though, being matched against pets that are so heavily overpowered for a new player to fight is frustrating to say the least, and can (will?) scare away new players. Matches should be challenging for all levels of players, not impossible for new players and easy for established players.

This has been mentioned many times and they (developers) don't care. Conclusion is - deposit, buy trinkets, profit... Sorry to say, but yet it's "pay to win" game and there are lot of investors waiting for theirs dividends.

Anyway, welcome.
Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:05 am

Radnok wrote:Just started playing ComPet a few days ago, and I have a few observations that I felt I should share.

The art is very nice and I like the village build part.

The Forest battles are not what I expected - static battle, no world exploration.

Arena - this is a big roadblock. When I enter the arena with my low level pets (my highest is level 5), with either one or two trinkets, or no trinkets at all, I get matched with an advanced player who has four trinkets, frequently leveled to 10, and advanced skills that higher level, more established players have access to, or, more frequently, I give up waiting for a match, this being most likely due to a small player base. Seriously, though, being matched against pets that are so heavily overpowered for a new player to fight is frustrating to say the least, and can (will?) scare away new players. Matches should be challenging for all levels of players, not impossible for new players and easy for established players.

Raids - I've read a bit about these, but have not unlocked them. Without trying them all I can say is I am not keen on this feature. Would have thought it would be something like a group of players working together to beat a big mob, not stealing gold from other players. If it is anything like arena battles, where established players are favored over new players, it's a show stopper.

lastly, you have in the pet purchase section a place for limited edition pets - it's the Christmas season, and there isn't a limited edition pet to buy?

I've read in the forums that your focus is PvP and are wanting to take this into eSports. I have no idea how well that will work. Right now your player base is probably too small to make it as an eSport, but I am no expert. And without balancing Arena matches so that new players can actually compete reasonably well against established players, you're not likely to grow the player base enough to make it into eSports.

Not sure if I will continue playing or not. There's a lot of opportunity in this space if you develop a game that has good balance and can attract and retain new players. Hopefully you'll figure out how to make that happen.

I rarely include an entire post for quote, but thought this one very worthy of it..

1. I think the CP team has done a STELLAR job w/ resources they have shaved off from EU.. both in support and display.
2. Team efforts would be AWESOME for raids and such.. MUCH MUCH MUCH programming involved, so just an idea way out from where we are here.
3. Yes, matches are gross at best lately... I just spent LITERALLY 45MIN+ fighting an AI in arena.. suppose it was an effort to "increase legitimacy" or "realism" in the match.. but.. darmn.. please minimize to 15min max.
4. Lot of other serous players losing faith in the process.. strategies... but hang in there at least a few more updates and see where we land... at least we DO have a LISTENING audience at the TOP.. and we have caring peeps such as FREYJA up there or above the middle at least ;> (ty FreYja, yes I'm still your buddy).

-Treb (the brainhugger)
Last edited by Treb on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dithart|ComPet

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:14 am

Hello, and welcome to ComPet!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I agree that there are lots of things that can be better, can be fixed or re-done completely, and we are constantnly working on it! You can watch other threads on forums, where we discuss changes and seek players feedback, as it's very valuable for us to aim in the right direction with the development!

We are aware of the matchmaking being quite far from ideal, and we are implementing some fixes for it (i.e. you will not be matched with same player over and over again), but not yet limiting it to the same level as your pet. As for now cons about it are, unfortunately, greater than pros. But that'll change at some point!
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:22 am

Dithart|ComPet wrote:Hello, and welcome to ComPet!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I agree that there are lots of things that can be better, can be fixed or re-done completely, and we are constantnly working on it! You can watch other threads on forums, where we discuss changes and seek players feedback, as it's very valuable for us to aim in the right direction with the development!

We are aware of the matchmaking being quite far from ideal, and we are implementing some fixes for it (i.e. you will not be matched with same player over and over again), but not yet limiting it to the same level as your pet. As for now cons about it are, unfortunately, greater than pros. But that'll change at some point!

This is VERY insulting.. please remove this bot. Thanks.
Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:27 am

I feel that I must make a new post in amendment of post I just made ammeding to another post...

CP TEAM: I MEAN YOU NO DISRESPECT NOR WISH ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO YOUR EFFORTS -

All I ask is just PLEASE stay transparent with us players --- for better or worse. We are ON YOUR SIDE!
Last edited by Treb on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:11 am

Dithart|ComPet wrote:but not yet limiting it to the same level as your pet.

Heya! :)
Emm, we do :D Upcoming VU will strict matching system so you get matched vs an opponent that has same pet level up to level 15 (Include) 16+ will have the same level spread as now.

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Ah, forgot about that change! )
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
Treb

Postby Treb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Treb wrote:I feel that I must make a new post in amendment of post I just made ammeding to another post...

CP TEAM: I MEAN YOU NO DISRESPECT NOR WISH ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO YOUR EFFORTS -

All I ask is just PLEASE stay transparent with us players --- for better or worse. We are ON YOUR SIDE!

LOL! As a former employer used to say all too often.. "Treb...keep trying! ..There's just GOT TO BE a harder way to do this!" ;p

Now it would seem I have cracked the seal and peeked just under the lid... Pandora is there for a reason.. ugly is such a mean word but so is hideous ;>

* I simply intended to edit a recent impulsive post I made to clarify my meaning and then intended to completely delete the later post which I am replying to here... which in itself is a bit of a paradox since there would be no post for you be reading on now if it no longer existed.. but then came Pandora..

*Since later posts in the thread were spawned via my hasty (and mildly "wtf :shock: ") post, it seems my "delete post" ability is about as useful as Over Power.

*If I now finish "this" edit and proceed to edit the original post which this original reply was intended... does that warrant a second tier of explanation with cyclical URL links and possibly notations to indicate which factor level we are experiencing?

*What happens if I report my own post as abuse? ;>

*If I just close my browser now.. would anyone even know I even tried? ;>

And...so... all I'm saying is... "Sorry Dithart for being a deuce" ;> I think something just kinda snapped after bout your 2nd sentence of standard customer service response... likely trauma from my own time served on helpdesk or perhaps an unfortunate longterm relationship w/ a major telecom customer service division that begins with A and ends with T of which I will not name.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 am

Treb wrote: Treb...

Too complicated :)

Return to “Feedback & Other”