rare pet appearance rate?

Talk about the pets inside the game.
darkdeaththefish

rare pet appearance rate?

Postby darkdeaththefish » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Hey is there a level limit at which rare pets appear in certain stages? I found that rare pets appear more often when the pets I am battling with are low level and equal to the regular pets I am battling. Is this just a coincidence or is my high lvl pet unlucky?
Isendil

Re: rare pet appearance rate?

Postby Isendil » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 am

I've only ever met one, with a higher level pet. Was venomander, appeared in forest 2.1, not sure if they always appear in the same place. I've had quite a few battles with some pets lower or equal level than my target (some forest fights are incredibly easy, others like burglar bob are a nightmare).
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:24 pm

I have a funny hunch time has something to do with the algorithm of when they appear, at least partially. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but it seems that the couple I found showed up around the same time of day at the same hour... don't know if it's 'wave' based like loot theories in Entropia, or if it really is this time on this hour based like some old rare loots showed up in other games I've played in the past (diablo II being on of the worst about that)
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:26 pm

mastermesh wrote:I have a funny hunch time has something to do with the algorithm of when they appear, at least partially. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but it seems that the couple I found showed up around the same time of day at the same hour... don't know if it's 'wave' based like loot theories in Entropia, or if it really is this time on this hour based like some old rare loots showed up in other games I've played in the past (diablo II being on of the worst about that)

If level is a part of the algorithm too that would make sense... one hit kills for rare pets seems like a not-so-hot idea.
ryo222

Postby ryo222 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:42 am

I have gotten the rare pet fight 3 times in chapter 2. 1 during the fight of the defensive mob and 2 times during the last boss fight. 1 of those times I was lower lvl so i can understand what you guys are saying, but i think you just have to keep fighting it.

P.S. I am usually just really lucky in games too.

Return to “Pet Discussion”