Pets & Abilities

Talk about the pets inside the game.
Mayhem

Pets & Abilities

Postby Mayhem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm

what about...

Abilites does diffrent things depending on your pets class or perhaps rarity? diffrency on abilities should not be better than the other but act diffrently according to class and rarity for more depth and diffrent gameplay. (alot of work) but i could see this be a good thing, the more you have to plan and the more option you have the better and bigger the game gets.
As we want to move this game to an Esport.

any thoughts?
Dithart|ComPet

Re: Pets & Abilities

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:55 pm

We have few ideas of how battle system can be improved in the works to eventually decide with one of them, and they all include this idea - some sort of difference in abilities per class. Rarity - not necessarily (I see it mostly as a cosmetic feature, maybe slight bonuses may apply).

Would you like to see abilities unique to a class, or different abilities have a slightly changed effect per class?
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
NotSure

Postby NotSure » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Dithart|ComPet wrote:We have few ideas of how battle system can be improved in the works to eventually decide with one of them, and they all include this idea - some sort of difference in abilities per class. Rarity - not necessarily (I see it mostly as a cosmetic feature, maybe slight bonuses may apply).

For me there is a significant difference between "cosmetic feature" or "slight bonuses" and "significant advantages":

http://forum.competgame.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=17&p=23285&sid=f3cd849aaaa83604382032f763cd8555&sid=f3cd849aaaa83604382032f763cd8555#pr23285
Kim|ComPet wrote:There will be other significant advantages to using pets with a higher rarity when an upcoming system is introduced later this year.

I know, if you make rare pets stronger, there will be no reason for one to use commons.
One solution may be to make pets "limited" (such as number of fights in pet's life span), or limited number of fights per day/hour. The higher is the rarity - the higer are numbers.

I will like to see separate category for the "Limited edition" pets and a good reason to buy one of them, i.e. "significant advantages" (such as even more longer pet's life span or specially designed unique ability for every one of them). Otherwise, there is no reason to spend diamonds (real money).
Dithart|ComPet wrote:...
Would you like to see abilities unique to a class, or different abilities have a slightly changed effect per class?

Whatever you decide to do, you need to be able to "hot fix" the imbalances faster. Leaving exploits in RCE for months is too long.
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 pm

i have to agree, rare pets can´t be only cosmetics. Then the hunt for em are sorta pointless.

One idea is to make rarity pet like stronger for PVE instances like gaining xp/gold from quest? Even gain advantages in forest?

PVP should not be affected, this i can agree on. Only Rings and abilites and wits should gain victory.

An regarding the upcomming skills...
I would like to see a mix of class specific abilites and abilites that function diffrently regarding to what class.

While we are at it, i hope we can see that in the future, pets stats are the same for each and everyone. Only the owner should make the diffrence of the outcome of points on pets stats.

Maby add a ring that increases stats? Maby a new ability boosting hp temporary? Shield spells should gain increased resistance to spells.

Mojo, should have an own specific "talant" Glancing hits as defence on mojo just as endurance gain crit resistance and ferocity crit chance?

But most of all, i really really would like a nice icecream jut about now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZeroHero

Postby ZeroHero » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:33 am

If rarity of pets is only for cosmetics then you could also just remove the rarity status.

Brainstorming:

If the combat system with the 8 skills stays like that, you could maybe offer some kind of higher rarity skills for higher rarity pets.
For example:
Normal - (normal/basic) skills only
Uncommon - up to 2 uncommon
Rare - 1 rare / 1 uncommon
Epic - 1 epic / 1 rare / 1 uncommon
Legendary - 1 leg. / 1 rare
Mythic - 1 myt or 2 leg.

So with higher rarity pets you would be able to use higher rarity skills but not limited to them. You would be still able to use lower rarity ones.
Powerful skills might use 2 instead of one free skill spot or block one of the free ones or have some sort of negative effect.

Pets might have passives that are generated randomly on catching it in the forrest.
- Attack +x% (1-10%) or whatever
- Attack +y% (higher then above) and + manacost or +x% stamina lost
- Attack +x*lvl (1-10) makes attacks like claw more valuable for a pet with that passive
- Attack +x% dmg on specific skill or just +x% dmg on magic/normal attack
- Def -x% dmg
- Def - x*lvl dmg
- Def +x% heal
- Def +x*lvl heal/round
- Def -x% manacost

Rarer Pets might have up to 2 different passives. (Getting the right pet with the right passives might activate the grind mode of the player) ^^

Forest
Have read some coments that there is not many to do in compet and a lot of waiting.
Maybe offer unlimited forest fights but the reward decreases down to 5%-10% if the available/regenerated fights are used up. So if someone has 10/10 fights he have 100% reward on his fights until it reaches 0/10.

Skills
Unique abilities to a class would be great I think.
What makes Hearthstone that popular is the variance. A lot of sets could be build that pushes themself and each class has its own cards.
So skills that are unique to a class might be a good idea. However some skills need to have an impact on other skills as well. Like trigger some effect if you have used this or that.
(Not sure if a change to a card game or something that have a random factor of what skills you get in battle should be applied)

Maybe a change to the manasystem. Atm we start with full mana and can use the best attacks from the beginning. Why not increase the manaregeneration for a bit but let the fight start with 0 or 10-20 or x% of total mana.

Arrena
One of the biggest issues I see with it is the lvl. of pets. It makes matching pretty hard. I for one only use my lvl. 30 pet there and I am not interessted to skill up ~20 pets to fill all the lvl. required from 1-30.
So had only 2 ideas that could help:
1. lvl. of matching pets gets decreased/increased to the same lvl, but this would only be possible if the attributes upgrades are fixed to pet & lvl.
2. remove the attributes at all and find another reason for leveling the pets if neccessary.

In short:
> Arena matching should work even if there are 10 players.
> More strategic depth with the skills.

>I am not sure if it is possible to rework/make few changes or if I am looking for a total different game

Return to “Pet Discussion”