Nintendo Switch

Princess|ComPet

Nintendo Switch

Postby Princess|ComPet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Nay or yay? What do you guys think of the latest Nintendo Console?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat rainbows.
Dithart|ComPet

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Dithart|ComPet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pm

I can't tell, cause I'm developing ComPet 24/7 and have no free time for games :)
Dithart,
ComPet Game Development Team.
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Dithart|ComPet wrote:I can't tell, cause I'm developing ComPet 24/7 and have no free time for games :)

eyyy this is the Non ComPet related section ; ) don't mention ComPet in here 8-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat rainbows.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Have had only old Nintendo console, there was "Zelda the link to the pass" which was insanely epic game where I spend tons of time completing it without googling xD
Can't tell much of it and seems that this console ain't popular in Europe?

Postby Treb » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 am

You can keep all your fancy updated tech and brag on and on about cinematics, "real" textures, and so on... I'm perfectly happy twisting my RF/Converter module into the antenna port of me ol' 1970's radiation tube style box (on rollers) -- gently coaxing the (now brittle) flat plastic cartridges to line up with the contacts w/in spring-action insertion chamber in its belly -- hoping I have the correct channels selected on TV and NES Console -- and.....and.... and then... Behold the Glory! The TRUE Link exploring his local towns and receiving 67% useful information..from random villagers and occasionally rewarde a small sack of gold or random item which will likely take me another month or two to discover purpose for (if any) :>.. now THOSE were the days...
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Freyja|ComPet wrote:Have had only old Nintendo console, there was "Zelda the link to the pass" which was insanely epic game where I spend tons of time completing it without googling xD
Can't tell much of it and seems that this console ain't popular in Europe?

Of couuuuurse! Super Nintendo was one of the popular consoles in Europe. The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past is actually my favorite game of all time.

Treb wrote:You can keep all your fancy updated tech and brag on and on about cinematics, "real" textures, and so on... I'm perfectly happy twisting my RF/Converter module into the antenna port of me ol' 1970's radiation tube style box (on rollers) -- gently coaxing the (now brittle) flat plastic cartridges to line up with the contacts w/in spring-action insertion chamber in its belly -- hoping I have the correct channels selected on TV and NES Console -- and.....and.... and then... Behold the Glory! The TRUE Link exploring his local towns and receiving 67% useful information..from random villagers and occasionally rewarde a small sack of gold or random item which will likely take me another month or two to discover purpose for (if any) :>.. now THOSE were the days...

I don't blame you. I am a retro lover myself, although not that far back! Did you get the Nintendo mini Classics? NES and SNES? : )

I eat rainbows.
Treb

Postby Treb » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:16 am

I was given a 1985 first-edition NES console game system for my 10th birthday ;> Sadly I spent majority of first 8 hours crying because "these stupid control pads work NOTHING like the arcade consoles!!" ... WAAAA-AAAHHHHAAAHHA.

Once I passed the hissy phase I cherished the system and over 77% of all released US games (and some in Japan ) :>
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Treb wrote:I was given a 1985 first-edition NES console game system for my 10th birthday ;> Sadly I spent majority of first 8 hours crying because "these stupid control pads work NOTHING like the arcade consoles!!" ... WAAAA-AAAHHHHAAAHHA.

Once I passed the hissy phase I cherished the system and over 77% of all released US games (and some in Japan ) :>

What was your favorite NES game then?

I eat rainbows.
Treb

Postby Treb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 am

Princess|ComPet wrote:
Treb wrote:I was given a 1985 first-edition NES console game system for my 10th birthday ;> Sadly I spent majority of first 8 hours crying because "these stupid control pads work NOTHING like the arcade consoles!!" ... WAAAA-AAAHHHHAAAHHA.

Oh wow.. will have to give that one some thought and amend this reply when I have more time lol! But.. first ones that come to mind in random order are:
Legend of Zelda (of course), most of the Mario series, RC ProAm, Duck Hunt, Shadowgate, Uncharted Waters, Kid Icarus, TMNT series...
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Treb wrote:
Princess|ComPet wrote:

Oh wow.. will have to give that one some thought and amend this reply when I have more time lol! But.. first ones that come to mind in random order are:
Legend of Zelda (of course), most of the Mario series, RC ProAm, Duck Hunt, Shadowgate, Uncharted Waters, Kid Icarus, TMNT series...

Nice! One of my fave was a TMNT game there you played with a friend. Duck hunt was annoying because the aim was always off! But then again, it was such an old system too so can't blame them

I eat rainbows.

Return to “Other Games”