What other games...

1eYeOnU2

What other games...

Postby 1eYeOnU2 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:22 am

part from ComPet...do you ppl play and why? Pls share... :D

I´ll start off with a recent one, Pokemon Go...like well..the rest of the world I guess...however, I´ve have no idea what I´m doing, but a surprisingly fun activity! ...and I just hit lvl 11! wO_ot! :lol: :D

...also playing a bit of Clash Royale...only lvl 9 here and struggling in arena 6, this game can make you tilt, I tell ya! I´ve raged quit so many times :lol: ...both available on cellphones btw...

cheers!
One eye on you & one eye on the streets...eerhm...forrest...
https://www.twitch.tv/1eyeonu
Lower Bane

Re: What other games...

Postby Lower Bane » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:30 am

Don't know if you are talking about phone games or also including pc games. But just in case pc games are included my big time eater currently is Fallout 4 with all the DLC. I prebought the game along with the season pass. I rarely rarely rarely pay full price for games. Normally I wait a few years and by them used at a much lower price. But loved Fallout 3 so much (new vegas for me was hohum) that I bit the bullet and went for it.

Yes, the game does have a few glitches but it has not failed to disapoint me. Love it, currently am having a blast with the newest addition to the dlc with the vault tech workshop. I have got me one heck of a vault going. LOL!

With Nexus mod manager I am able to play two totally different ways. On one of my avatars I play total stock, the other avatar I play modded to the hilt.

Love the game!
Family and Honor is Everything!
LMTR14

Postby LMTR14 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:10 am

when you play entropia, you don't need another endless game, single-player to boot! plus fallout 4 can fuck off with putting only a miniscule part of the game on the physical disc. I will never buy it for that reason alone, I despise cheapassery. and I'm not even commenting on pokemon go since it's not even a game proper (no moves? WTF why does anybody "play" this then... it's like football but you don't have a ball! it's pure pretend)

I'm currently playing EU (well duh!), Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced edition, Unreal Tournament (4) pre-alpha, and a variety retro games on retroachievements.com (most recently Pokemon Blue, Yugioh 2006, Final Fantasy 1, Wario Ware Twisted etc)
Lower Bane

Postby Lower Bane » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 pm

LMTR14 wrote:when you play entropia, you don't need another endless game, single-player to boot! plus fallout 4 can fuck off with putting only a miniscule part of the game on the physical disc. I will never buy it for that reason alone, I despise cheapassery. and I'm not even commenting on pokemon go since it's not even a game proper (no moves? WTF why does anybody "play" this then... it's like football but you don't have a ball! it's pure pretend)

I'm currently playing EU (well duh!), Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced edition, Unreal Tournament (4) pre-alpha, and a variety retro games on retroachievements.com (most recently Pokemon Blue, Yugioh 2006, Final Fantasy 1, Wario Ware Twisted etc)

Your loss on FO4. :) But I do agree that it was not very nice to put just the what you may call the boot strap on the disk and you had to download the rest. But, if you have a decent net connect that is no problem. But the game is well worth it IMHO.

As far as EU goes. I have placed far more real cash into that game than the price of FO4 and the season pass combined. I finally stopped playing because it is a PED sink. Every time I found a "niche" job that allowed me to play without having to depo an arm and a leg to be able to have fun MA found a way to wipe it out. I am talking legal things here not taking advantages of game glitches or anything. I used to love the pet aspect of the game, and what happened? Then I finally got back into the pet aspect by buying and selling them, then a monkey wrench was thrown back into the pet aspect. When it finally righted itself I started taming and leveling pets for the purpose of selling them. What happens? MA starts throwing new pets in left and right causing nutrio to go through the ceiling. So once again I got out of the pets. Then rumours started flying about a new tie in to EU (this game) with pets, I was approached by a few people to level their pets for them so they could be free to travel to other planets to conduct their business unimpeded. That was going good, I even had to "hire" a few people to help me. I mean I was not making a ton of ped, just enough to be able to hunt (always with a pet out) and have a little fun with out depoing. What happens? The game went beta and rumors got out that the new game did not really have anything to do with EU, so once again the market went flat. Nope, left the game that time and now am having fun beta testing this game and seeing just how far a non depoer can expect to realistically get. Love the building aspect, pet leveling, and the forest battles. I have never ever enjoyed PVP so I stay away from the arena. :)
LMTR14

Postby LMTR14 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:05 am

another thing with f4 is that you know, I haven't played fallout 1, 2, 3 (for longer than 1-2 hours at least), so before being able to play fallout 4, I would have to beat all those games first...

and since playing them (esp 3) takes so much time, I'd want to be able to record it for youtube. but right now I don't feel very confident in my let's playing skills since my playthrough of mario world was very bad. so I'm basically stuck there.

things are complicated... :(

well and that eu tie-in might still happen... you never know
Lower Bane

Postby Lower Bane » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 pm

LMTR14 wrote:another thing with f4 is that you know, I haven't played fallout 1, 2, 3 (for longer than 1-2 hours at least), so before being able to play fallout 4, I would have to beat all those games first...

and since playing them (esp 3) takes so much time, I'd want to be able to record it for youtube. but right now I don't feel very confident in my let's playing skills since my playthrough of mario world was very bad. so I'm basically stuck there.

things are complicated... :(

well and that eu tie-in might still happen... you never know

FO4 is stand alone. As was FO3 and FONV. So it can be played on its own. Each has their very own story line. Of course the story line does spring from a common source, but each is their own.

Yes, it is massive and can be time consuming. It is very time consuming for a player like me that feels the need to explore every where and try to do all the side quests and pick up every single tin can. lololol

But then you do have the people that can blow right through the game by sticking strickly to nothing but the main quest line. But those are the people that tend to complain the game is boring. :)

Now if you are a hard core PVP'er then the game is not for you. It is single player period. But I always love a story line, PVE, building things, and leveling. So FO4 to me at least has been great. Especially since I am using two totally different play styles. :) :) :)
LMTR14

Postby LMTR14 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 am

I know about the fact there's no story connection, but playing the games in order goes beyond that, as game mechanics change (can't say evolved here) and references to previous games certainly are hidden somewhere.

fallout 4 is certainly one of the few modern games I might check out eventually, but right now I can't justify putting so much time into an rpg that isn't even known for having a complex story and setting. but yeah, later... maybe
Princess|ComPet

Postby Princess|ComPet » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Other games? I only play ComPet ; )

I would say Overwatch is the hype at the moment. Fun game to play with friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eat rainbows.
DarkWizard

Postby DarkWizard » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Entropia is the only other game I play. I used to log 60 plus hours a week there and have for many years. However sense the closed beta started all the way up to present..... I have not logged a full hour at EU lol.
KMax

Postby KMax » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Cell Phone Games:
-----------------------
Pokemon Go
- just casual thing off and on, stop at pokestops on way to work and home, catch pokemon during breaks at work and sometimes at home, not a hardcore player.

Game of War
- Use to clock alot of time in there building up. Became to busy to keep up with things so slowed that playing down, game is so time consuming and demanding to babysit it all the time.

Star Trek Timelines
- Casual play missions while relaxing evenings at home.

ComPet
- log in daily or couple times a day, not a hard grinder in the game but glad to see it progressing and becoming stable, have many deeds invested and be cool to see this get to release mode. I am still optimistic, I think it is much more solid game then Pokemon Go, Pokemon Go is just a hacked up flaky piece of software, it should be considered alpha version not a released version. I am glad ComPet is taking the correct approach to release a stable version.

PC Games:
--------------
Entropia Universe
- By far the most game time spent here.

PION
- Occasional login to just see what has all changed. Find it interesting to see what some novice game developers can do and being able to keep going.

Star Citizen Alpha Testing
- Spend a bit of time in here after every update that comes out to see the cool new additions and supply some feedback on bugs and experiences I come across. By far my most anticipated game to play and patiently waiting and will be waiting for some time still....

No Mans Sky
- Spent a few days playing this, interesting concept but kind of lacking, still play but isn't a hard core type game to me, good time waster though.

Return to “Other Games”