Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

General information regarding future and existing tournaments.
Zulu|ComPet

Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Zulu|ComPet » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:24 pm

What is the ComPet Winter Championship?
The ComPet Winter Championship is a tournament over the course of two weeks. Players will be randomly matched against each other in the Arena mode, receiving ranking points when winning and losing ranking points when defeated. The top 50 players on the leaderboard after 2 weeks will receive a part of the 20 000 PED ($2000) prize pool.

Between which dates is the Compet Winter Championship?
The tournament is between December 19th 09:00 CET and January 2nd 09:00 CET.

Is there any fee in order to participate?
No, it is completely free.

What do I need to do in order to participate in the tournament?
All you need is a ComPet account. All players will automatically be part of the tournament, there are no special steps needed in order to enter.

As a new player to the game, can I join the tournament after December 19th?
Yes, you can! The sooner you start to battle in the Arena, the better the chances of climbing to the top of the leaderboard.

Can I get eliminated from the tournament?
No, you cannot get eliminated from the tournament, regardless of how many battles you lose.

How do I get on the leaderboard?
First of all you need to play in the Arena mode in ComPet. When you win a match you will receive ranking points and consequently, you will climb the leaderboard. The top 100 players can be viewed on the leaderboard. When the tournament is ended after 14 days, the top 50 will receive a part of the prize pool.

How is the prize pool of 2000$ distributed?
The prize pool distribution can be viewed here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=19649

How will you transfer the winnings to players?
The top 50 players will get their winnings in PEDs directly to their ComPet account. If you want to use the money in-game or convert to US dollars and send it to your bank account is up to you! Please note that you need a minimum of 500 PEDs on your ComPet account to do a transfer.

What is PED?
PED stands for Project Entropia Dollars. It is a virtual currency fixed at 10:1 to the US dollar. The currency is a premium currency used in ComPet. PEDs can be withdrawn from the game and transferred into to real-world bank accounts at any time.

How many ranking points do I get when I win/lose an Arena battle?
The amount of ranking points received/lost after an Arena battle is dependant on the difference between the players current ranking points. For example if Player A has a high ranking and defeats Player B who has a low ranking, Player A will receive a smaller amount of ranking points compared to if both players had the same ranking.

Please note that any kind of cheating is not allowed, this includes win-trading.

Please feel free to ask us if you have any questions!
LMTR14

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby LMTR14 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:01 pm

I fail to see how this is supposed to be a tournament when it's just the regular gameplay. A tournament would have to work like I outlined it in the respective forum thread (suggestions).

If there is no grouping or knockout stage (or elimination of any kind), it's just like usual - you are completely dependent on how many opponents you find in the arena. and that is largely dependent on your time zone and other invisible factors. A tournament winner doesn't have to necessarily be the most active one - no tournament in the world works like that.

Just like events in Entropia, this does nothing for me at all. could easily (!) be 100x better.
Merlin

Postby Merlin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:01 pm

I wish people who decline arena fights repeatedly would either get temporarily locked from arena or loose 1 ranking point for each decline and can not decline when at 0 points.
It can be very frustrating getting matched a hundred times against the same player, with the same pet and he keeps refusing to fight against you every single time either with straight refusal or by making you wait until you refuse / it times out.
Please also consider that in a tournament people like to see that they have a chance at 'winning' - having a single player at the top of the ranking who keeps getting points while noone can get a match in arena against him regardless which pet lvl, battle pack or fight mode they choose can be very demotivating.

I am searching arena with pets lvl30,29,24,19,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5 for all gold battle packs in subscription mode as well as in autofight mode - it just would make sense to assume that sooner or later i should get matched against the 'top player' who ran over 2k arena fights in a matter of days, but no luck yet.

PS:
Atleast give us the option to autoconfirm 'yes' to all battle matches, so we dont have to sit munaually clicking yes a thousand times in hopes that the other guy stops clicking no or leaves the match search.
LMTR14

Postby LMTR14 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:14 pm

yeah, you would expect that, lol. but this isn't a tournament, it's a competition. might as well be a giveaway :lol:
Merlin

Postby Merlin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:17 pm

The ranking point table seems to no longer update right away, i have made about 150 points which still dont show.
Yquem

Postby Yquem » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:43 pm

And how is it to battle and win and get 0 point and when loosing you drop 50 point.

But very good with much more activity. Tumbs up
Merlin

Postby Merlin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Yquem wrote:And how is it to battle and win and get 0 point and when loosing you drop 50 point.

But very good with much more activity. Tumbs up

Aye, have had 3 wins so far with 0 points.
Yquem

Postby Yquem » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 pm

So, why should i battle anymore?

Just had a battle against a level 10 like myself

He used a 25 pet me a 24

He's ranking is 44 with a ranking point at 1198. My ranking is 3 with a ranking point at 1315.

I won - hurrah - and got gloaming 0 like in ZERO point.

And what has happend if i lost - -50 as usually i guess

I ask again - Why should i battle anymore?
TheMinistry

Postby TheMinistry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:59 am

There are many good reasons to decline a fight:
1) You already know the opponent from former fights and don't want to have anything to do with him/her.
2) You know the opponent from Entropia and don't want to have anything to do with him/her.
3) You know that the the pairing algorithm has chosen an opponent with a higher level pet than yours.
4) You get challenged by a player with the same pet for the umpteenth time. No means No.
5) You don't want to get in trouble by engaging the same opponent too often.
6) You don't get ranking points from fights with the chosen opponent (new).
7) You just got disconnected.
8) ...
I mean, look at that Merlin guy. He basically hijacks the game and the forum, he threatens everybody that he waits for them (with pets of levels 30,29,24,19,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5 :shock:), and he demands that players should get punished, even banned if they don't fight him. I'd call that harassment.
Merlin

Postby Merlin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 am

TheMinistry wrote:There are many good reasons to decline a fight:
1) You already know the opponent from former fights and don't want to have anything to do with him/her.
2) You know the opponent from Entropia and don't want to have anything to do with him/her.
3) You know that the the pairing algorithm has chosen an opponent with a higher level pet than yours.
4) You get challenged by a player with the same pet for the umpteenth time. No means No.
5) You don't want to get in trouble by engaging the same opponent too often.
6) You don't get ranking points from fights with the chosen opponent (new).
7) You just got disconnected.
8) ...
I mean, look at that Merlin guy. He basically hijacks the game and the forum, he threatens everybody that he waits for them (with pets of levels 30,29,24,19,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5 :shock:), and he demands that players should get punished, even banned if they don't fight him. I'd call that harassment.

Every player playing compet for awhile ends up with a wide range of pets and still its quite hard to find actually a battle in arena still (its gotten alot better now with the tournament, lots of players becomming active).
Arena fights originate from arenas in the old rome were gladiators used to fight, show me one gladiator of the past who had the option to turn down an opponent, or show me one boxer in modern days who turns down the opportunity to fight a higher 'ranked' boxer - in compet when fighting against a toplisted player yoiu can gain up to 50 points in one fight and you dont even have to fight the highlevel pets as the level 5,6,7,etc pets do give just as many points.
Harassment seems to be the thing to call nowadays when one isnt up to a challenge, but then what would such a person do in arena fights anyways ? ;)

Imo if one enters an arena one should be rdy to fight whoever is in there, after all every player can still be selective in which levelrange he/she is fighting. Being able to actively choose which player one 'wants' to fight instead of 'having' to fight just opens the door for 'pretend' fights were players can arrange a 'win'.

Return to “ComPet Tournaments”