Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

General information regarding future and existing tournaments.
Venture
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Venture » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:57 am

I managed to get out of the 1 point per battle and got several for each and went up to the top 10 that way, occasionally I get 1 point per win again, I stop playing for the day, the next day after a few matches I usually get more then 1 point again.
Oleg
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Oleg » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 am

TheMinistry wrote:Okay.
When I beat a new player, I get one ranking point. When I beat a player ranked 50-250, I get one ranking point. When I beat a player of the Top50, even Top10, I get one ranking point.
The only time I got more than one ranking point recently, namely two, was when I won a battle for 1 PED.
Whenever I lose, I go down 5-7 points in ranking.
My pets are not bad, I play fairly well, a lot more wins than losses.
How do I rack up hundreds of ranking points in one day?


I've been doing it for months and I'm still clueless on how the ranking points system really works. The only thing I'm sure about is that it doesn't work how the devs think it works, which is exactly the same the same thing I've been sure about regarding the EU loot system for the last 10 years or more.

What I do know is that it's not uncommon to gain 30-50 ranking points in one fight, or even more at low levels.
Venture
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Venture » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 am

Devs need to look into our fight rank history and see for themselves how broken the ranking system is. The gains and losses just don't add up.
User avatar
Sluggo
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Sluggo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 am

Maybe the difference between your rank and your opponents rank plays into it. If you have a big spread, the points are more, if your ranks are fairly close, less points.

Another scenario, if you think they stole some of the code from MA's loot system, then there is a very good possibility it's like mining on Monria as an example. You get a few clueless noobs wandering around dropping a few bombs here and there and it kills it for a few hours until it resets again. Giving MA's approach to bug fixing is akin to putting a band aid on cancer that would not surprise me one bit.

sluggo
TheMinistry
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby TheMinistry » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 am

TheMinistry wrote:When I beat a new player, I get one ranking point. When I beat a player ranked 50-250, I get one ranking point. When I beat a player of the Top50, even Top10, I get one ranking point.
The only time I got more than one ranking point recently, namely two, was when I won a battle for 1 PED.
Whenever I lose, I go down 5-7 points in ranking.
My pets are not bad, I play fairly well, a lot more wins than losses.
How do I rack up hundreds of ranking points in one day?


It seems, I finally found a solution.
I quit on my Android tablet and got back to my PC. Since then I only had opponents with lower level pets, won all fights, and was rewarded three ranking points each.
Go figure. :?:
User avatar
Sluggo
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Sluggo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 pm

If that is true, it's kind of ironic that a game that is designed to be played on your phone, you get punished if you do so. Ahh what's in that moose milk those swedes are drinking.

I don't know if that's the real issue or not, Ive seen already where your shit luck seems to come in waves, and it's hard to get out of a trough.

sluggo
Venture
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Venture » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:12 am

Sluggo wrote:If that is true, it's kind of ironic that a game that is designed to be played on your phone, you get punished if you do so. Ahh what's in that moose milk those swedes are drinking.

I don't know if that's the real issue or not, Ive seen already where your shit luck seems to come in waves, and it's hard to get out of a trough.

sluggo


I am figuring out the point system pretty well, it has to be broken but it might be this way on purpose, but its not device based that was just a coincidence. I will reveal my findings after the tourney.
User avatar
Sluggo
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Sluggo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Rusty, you seem to be figuring out this stuff, which is good, at least someone is.
What determines how many diamonds you win in a raid? As the person raided.
Is it how much health you have left or is that too kind of random?

Thanks
sluggo
Venture
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Venture » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Sluggo wrote:Rusty, you seem to be figuring out this stuff, which is good, at least someone is.
What determines how many diamonds you win in a raid? As the person raided.
Is it how much health you have left or is that too kind of random?

Thanks
sluggo

Seems to be completely random, but you are guaranteed daimonds win or lose if you fight another pet in a raid. The amount you get seems to be random win or lose as well, I get 1-3 for wins and for loss's in autobattles in the raid when fighting another pet, you never get daimonds when there is no defender.
Venture
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 am

Re: Tournament information: ComPet Winter Championship

Postby Venture » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 am

Grats to all participants (except those who decided to cheat by fighting only a certain list of characters....)

I got 9th which is pretty good I guess.

Return to “ComPet Tournaments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest