4 days of playing - ComPet from a noob perspective

SandySteve

Re: 4 days of playing - ComPet from a noob perspective

Postby SandySteve » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am

I'm a week in now and have another noob observation that I think could be useful to know.

Why should I progress any further? The more I progress, the harder everything gets. Longer wait times. More expensive upgrades. I need to feed 2 level 10 pets, that need 4 level 5 pets, just to get to 15. I'm guessing that at 20 it's like 2 or 3 level 15 pets, which is even more food that I have to sit and wait for. But what do I gain from the effort of doing that? There are no missions, no achievments. Arena is exactly the same at all levels. I could theoretically get #1 with a level 9 pet. Honestly I'm probably better off shooting for a high ranking from the low level bracket than fighting at higher levels.

Sure, I won't get past Dinge at VIII in The Forest, but I would have to build a completely different pet for that encounter anyway, and without the trinkets for it, I just can't be bothered. The only thing I'm losing out on is a few extra diamonds per day, because I can only farm Forest VIII for special pet diamond drops, instead of Forest XII.

And it's not that I don't know of these mechanics. As previously mentioned I've played games with similar mechanics. Summoner's War uses the same one, with feeding monsters to evolve. The game is a complete grind fest in all aspects, to overcome one obstacle after the other and the end-game is basically PvP progression. But a huge difference is that there's always greater rewards behind all the hard work, and there's always smaller rewards coming your way during the grind. May it be scrolls to get new monsters, crystals to use for either summoning or refilling energy, new and better runes to improve dungeon times or PvP teams. You constantly have the feeling of progressing. Things get easier, rewards become greater, content gets unlocked with even more rewards awaiting.

Right now, my feeling is you've just implemented the hard work, but no (obvious) rewards for it.
Freyja|ComPet

Postby Freyja|ComPet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

SandySteve wrote:I'm a week in now and have another noob observation that I think could be useful to know.

Why should I progress any further? The more I progress, the harder everything gets. Longer wait times. More expensive upgrades. I need to feed 2 level 10 pets, that need 4 level 5 pets, just to get to 15. I'm guessing that at 20 it's like 2 or 3 level 15 pets, which is even more food that I have to sit and wait for. But what do I gain from the effort of doing that? There are no missions, no achievments. Arena is exactly the same at all levels. I could theoretically get #1 with a level 9 pet. Honestly I'm probably better off shooting for a high ranking from the low level bracket than fighting at higher levels.

Sure, I won't get past Dinge at VIII in The Forest, but I would have to build a completely different pet for that encounter anyway, and without the trinkets for it, I just can't be bothered. The only thing I'm losing out on is a few extra diamonds per day, because I can only farm Forest VIII for special pet diamond drops, instead of Forest XII.

And it's not that I don't know of these mechanics. As previously mentioned I've played games with similar mechanics. Summoner's War uses the same one, with feeding monsters to evolve. The game is a complete grind fest in all aspects, to overcome one obstacle after the other and the end-game is basically PvP progression. But a huge difference is that there's always greater rewards behind all the hard work, and there's always smaller rewards coming your way during the grind. May it be scrolls to get new monsters, crystals to use for either summoning or refilling energy, new and better runes to improve dungeon times or PvP teams. You constantly have the feeling of progressing. Things get easier, rewards become greater, content gets unlocked with even more rewards awaiting.

Right now, my feeling is you've just implemented the hard work, but no (obvious) rewards for it.

Hello, well noticed, this is some obvious stuff that isn't working and requires general rework at some point. We have a list of stuff that isn't working some of it is obvious and some works in the back of the mind make an effect but aren't noticeable outside. Yea... We need stuff to be fixed

btw, thanks for pointing it out, it helps, helps really much especially it's sweet cuz withing time you get into the tunnel vision and such pointings help to get out.

Postby Treb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 am

SandySteve wrote:I'm a week in now and have another noob observation that I think could be useful to know(...)

(...)new and better runes to improve dungeon times or PvP teams. You constantly have the feeling of progressing. Things get easier, rewards become greater, content gets unlocked with even more rewards awaiting.

Several have casually mentioned "teams" in various posts here.. but seriously, CP TEAM,.. most "any" kind of group effort or goals would likely help boost player activity ENORMOUSLY. Also occasionally mentioned, which I also like, have been "chance" rewards.. much as suggested in an earlier post to be a small % chance "bonus" when using uncommon> pets upon winning matches (forest and/or raids and/or arena), such as lower-lv boxes or extra gold/XP/diamonds.

ȾƦɆɃ

Return to “Feedback & Other”