What Now Compet?

RickEngland

Re: What Now Compet?

Postby RickEngland » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 pm

OZtwo wrote:The issue was that MA outsourced the project and to be able to link the two games MA then would need to give up to much of the game which right there is what crashed the dreams of linking the two games.

I must admit the collaboration between the two games did worry me a little. I know its jest but notes on some of the pets (look in book of compet). The Royal dragon says something like "he thinks he really posh, but truth is, its just another dragon with a differnt skin"....haha. Then you think, blimey is that how they view the "mythic" pets.

To be honest I'm quite upbeat today. I've triggered my final upgrade in the library so that will be done in 12 days. Then I've got max village and library.

Let's not forget Mindark own 70% of this game, I reckon they've taken it offline to work on it, rather than trying to implement content on the fly. I reckon we're going to come back to a completely new game. It's going to have a boat next to the residence, so we can sail down the river into a new open area for mining and hunting like EU. We're going to have crafting terminals, hof board, it's going to be brilliant.....even messages linked to EU that say "Rick England hofed in Compet for 20,000 peds"

Maybe we might even be able to let our EU pets visit Compet to join in some activities, with an EU marker on them (because they add xp differently).

Btw I miss those compet blogs, I used to enjoy reading those along with the pics (artwork). Such as this https://www.competgame.com/site/blog/fe ... f909dd21d3

ok hang in there compet fans, get some deeds on the cheap while you can. I'm not going anywhere, just waiting for the incredible news that Compet is back.

Laters

Rick
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 am

Late in 2017, MindArk performed a major overhaul and update to ComPet with the goal of improving conversion and retention of new players. After this overhaul was implemented and refined, a comprehensive marketing campaign was initiated early in 2018. Analysis of that marketing campaign and the resulting conversion rates indicated that the current model was not sustainable. The marketing analysis was conducted by a leading mobile marketing firm.

As such, the MindArk Board of Directors has decided to suspend any further development or marketing of ComPet, and is exploring options for potential development and/or publishing partnerships with established mobile game organizations.

In order to minimize the impact of the decision to suspend development of ComPet, MindArk is offering ComPet Deed holders the ability to exchange ComPet Deeds for Arkadia Moon Deeds at a ratio of five ComPet Deeds for two Arkadia Moon Deed. The upcoming release will place two different NPC:s on Planet Calypso which will handle the transfer, one in Port Atlantis Mall Teleporter and one in Twin Peaks. The NPC:s will be available until December.

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done yet Rick or are you still holding on to faith?
Lies and deceit are all I hear.
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:20 pm

LOL x'D
Igi

Postby Igi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Sold out compets on 120 now trade them 5 for 120 peds :) that made things right :)
Igi

Postby Igi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Btw next step will be to turn peds it to deeptokens like it or not maybe with same rate 5:2 in value...
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Just another big scam by MindArk. Lesson learned...well, some of you still havent learned anything...
so, hey, get ready to invest into their next big PR gag ! :lol:

p.s.
Deepthroat tokens are already dead, so I guess theyll be catching your guys focus with another "Mindbank" announcement...or some more moon-deeds...or a virtual King...or will screw you indeed with "Deeptokens Round 2"...so many possibilities to grab your hard earned dollars... :)
RickEngland

Postby RickEngland » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 pm

McCormick2 wrote:Just another big scam by MindArk. Lesson learned...well, some of you still havent learned anything...
so, hey, get ready to invest into their next big PR gag ! :lol:

p.s.
Deepthroat tokens are already dead, so I guess theyll be catching your guys focus with another "Mindbank" announcement...or some more moon-deeds...or a virtual King...or will screw you indeed with "Deeptokens Round 2"...so many possibilities to grab your hard earned dollars... :)

I posted below in Caly forum, I'm so annoyed they couldn't make simple changes like this to get Compet moving, its quite sad. They also knew it was proving difficult to shift the other 40% of Ark Moon deeds, so do an equity swap for 500 ped compet for 100 peds worth of Ark Moons deeds. Lets be honest part of that is to make those that dumped at 20 ped feel a whole lot better as well. Everyone has to lose, so they appear the saviours for their mistakes. MA wrapped up multiple problems in one. Anyway on the plus side 600 Ark deeds would pay 6 ped for every pec a earned per day...its something. But I'm more pissed MA are letting it die because they are so stubborn they refuse to change direction as below. Simplify and give purpose....that's all it f***ing needs.

If MA change ped to this crappy crypto, I'm an done done done done with it all.

AS POSTED TO CALYPSO FORUM:

Crazy as it sounds, if it didn't cost a lot of money to make some changes, this is what I'd do with it.

Make all pets the balanced version, years was wasted trying to balance 4 different types of pets, and MA could never get the maths right. That way players would feel it was more fair and feel more likely to compete.

Change the forest to diamond burn use, where you can loot a mixture of diamonds, ped (and new rubies) and maybe even trinkets and shards. Therefore gold is only used from mines for pet upgrades and village builds. That could push deposits.

Make it so the Arena PVP needs rubies (not gold), which you need to loot from the forest. Leave the automated pets running in the Arena. Therefore you can't do your daily mission without the rubies, so have to go in the forest to get them and spend diamonds. Win-win

Change the stats of the library to reflect the pets are all balanced.

That's it, and see if it would work. That is not asking for huge development either (just some minor changes_ and MA have nothing to lose by trying it (from a player prospective) Then if it did, MA could sell it again in future.

So they only really need some calcs from EU to add to compet, to work out how the loot would work in the forest. It's so close to making it work, just needs come creativity.

Delete the quests, I never used it anyway. The above strips out loads of code, and room to add in the loot algorithm.

It really would be worth those minor changes rather than let it die.

Rick
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:12 am

Anyway on the plus side 600 Ark deeds would pay 6 ped for every pec a earned per day...its something.

Accept these don't pay out every day, they did for a little while but now the buzz has died down and I think they paid out what twice this week? I would dump my moon deeds too but wait I can't... At this point MA has screwed the pooch on the whole pet thing for me for the second time.

WTS lvl 13 animal tamer 12 pet handler skills PM Stanton Icarus Sinister in game. Considering selling all skills actually... So done with MA, Compet, Entropia and it's fail loot 2.0 that nurfed a ton of my crafting since nothing drops anymore.
Lies and deceit are all I hear.
Treb

Postby Treb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 am

Re; Rick: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21663&p=30485&sid=ad46f7a219e32fb488942a1555a3a1fd#p30030

Another late reply here on my part.. but very well said my friend on all accounts.

Speaking of pet development in EU.. it took me quite awhile to adjust when I first started playing EU with the whole "taming" and "pet" situation. I was a hardcore Ultima Online player for many years before; and even to this day I sorely miss my custom pack of well trained wolves (dire, hell hound, and white) who likely did more damage than myself on many hunts.
Order

Postby Order » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:47 am

game is dead. it seems that princess that use to talk too much is not talking anymore... hmmm... wonder why...

Return to “General Discussion”