In prep for moving over to Entropia...

mastermesh

In prep for moving over to Entropia...

Postby mastermesh » Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 am

In preparation for the time when compet pets can criss cross to the Entropia and back let's make some suggestions here on things that need to be in place to make the transfers run smoothly, etc.

- Make Entropia Universe Pet Nametags have longer names in number of characters they can have. Currently pets in Compets have more characters than entropia pets are allowed to have in names...
mastermesh

Re: In prep for moving over to Entropia...

Postby mastermesh » Sat May 19, 2018 2:12 am

figure out if trinkets will move over or not, and what effect they will have in Entropia.
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 am

determine the 'cost' of moving from one game to the other for each pet. Personally I think it should be fairly cheap or preferably free, especially since leveling up in compets take so much time and in Entropia takes so much time and peds in nutrio...
McCormick2

Postby McCormick2 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:46 am

Sorry, could not resist ^^

You know that noone will reply anymore here ?

You know Compet wont make it into Entropia anymore ?

You realized Compet is dead ?

Yet you keep asking ? :p

Braveheart ;D
Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Sat May 19, 2018 1:58 pm

yea this game is lost, no new updates no answers. Just total fail from the dev team.

Nicely done MA! :evil: :evil: :evil:
mastermesh

Postby mastermesh » Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 am

McCormick2 wrote:Sorry, could not resist ^^

You know that noone will reply anymore here ?

You know Compet wont make it into Entropia anymore ?

You realized Compet is dead ?

Yet you keep asking ? :p

Braveheart ;D

Yep... better to ask and then historically refer back to the questions that were raised than it is to simply 'poke fun' and not actually be proactive in any way, shape or fun imho. Flip side of the same coin I suppose...

(and yes, I know that answers can never come sometimes since there's an entire subforum on entropiaforum where that is 'normal' I suppose..., although I'd hope that doesn't continue here as well...)
=============
Back on topic...
figure out why the initial arena battle every day almost always fails to actually initiate an arena and loops you back to the main home screen rather than actually doing something, but just about every arena battle after that goes ok.... seems some weird thing is going on there?
Treb

Postby Treb » Mon May 28, 2018 3:35 am

mastermesh wrote:[...]figure out why the initial arena battle every day almost always fails to actually initiate an arena and loops you back to the main home screen rather than actually doing something, but just about every arena battle after that goes ok.... seems some weird thing is going on there?

I had a similar problem with my first arena battle shortly after I started playing.. sometime maybe mid-end of last year.. only things I recall changing since then are in-game *and* display driver settings.. mostly resolution changes. If you are playing on desktop platform, try lowering your in-game resolution a few notches (window mode), and see if that makes any difference. Also try completely logging-off from Compet in the "Options" menu and log back on fresh when you relaunch it.

This game has way too much potential to lay here rotting as it has been last several months... it's been smelling especially foul for the last few weeks ;( Seems to me like the CP team would at least make an effort to buyout licensing rights from MA so they could continue developing on "their own terms".

Meanwhile.. CP Team (whomever is still breathing).. PLEASE at least temporarily re-enable the arena AI with reasonable delay timer.. maybe 2-3 mins after no matches..

ȾƦɆɃ
Sinister

Postby Sinister » Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 am

^What they said. IJust popped in to see if there was any activity on compet... 3 months and zero effort from the dev team... Not even a simple gui rehash to show effort... Monthly notices about development just stop... Apparently they released deed payouts to get us to shut up and then just stopped even trying to make it look like they were trying lol. the 15 compet deeds in my inventory are just reeking of ped loss... Hundreds of usd wasted on taming skills in anticipation of compet integration lost.... If the devs could get their shit together and fix the game/release promised pet integration that would be great!
Lies and deceit are all I hear.
Supaplex

Postby Supaplex » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Game is not dead guys. Just low on updates. And transferring pets will cost fee for sure. When transferring pets start, they will update compet more often.
Slapper

Postby Slapper » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:27 am

Supaplex wrote:Game is not dead guys. Just low on updates. And transferring pets will cost fee for sure. When transferring pets start, they will update compet more often.

Checked deed payouts lately?
Its gone from 0.02 peds to 0.015 peds to 0 peds per deed per month. This suggests a lack of income from the player base. Will Mindark throw money at it from Entropia Universe to keep it going or take a realistic business stance over this game?
Speaking personally I used to have 3 private servers for an online game. One was profitable, one broke even on deposits to running costs, the third was a dog and lost money constantly. I gave my third server three months of promotions to try to turn it around and finally pulled the plug on it.

Return to “General Discussion”